Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:14 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,576 times

Advertisements

Yeah I dont care much for his political positions, but the guy has a pretty likeable personality. He clearly wears his feelings on his sleeve and doesn't mince his words....which can sometimes have mixed results. Overall, I see that as a positive trait for a politician. We need more people in politics to say exactly what they're thinking, even if I disagree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
Yeah I dont care much for his political positions, but the guy has a pretty likeable personality. He clearly wears his feelings on his sleeve and doesn't mince his words....which can sometimes have mixed results. Overall, I see that as a positive trait for a politician. We need more people in politics to say exactly what they're thinking, even if I disagree with it.
He is very Jersey, which I am not sure is very marketable outside of Jersey, much like being very New York is hard to market outside of New York. Not being a New Jerseyan, I tend to find his personality annoying and a bit full of himself, but he definitely cares about the state, which is good for New Jersey, but I can see that falling flat outside of New Jersey if he ever were to seek a run for president.....now I could see him making a run for Senator of New Jersey after all of this and winning.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,200,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
He is very Jersey, which I am not sure is very marketable outside of Jersey, much like being very New York is hard to market outside of New York. Not being a New Jerseyan, I tend to find his personality annoying and a bit full of himself, but he definitely cares about the state, which is good for New Jersey, but I can see that falling flat outside of New Jersey if he ever were to seek a run for president.....now I could see him making a run for Senator of New Jersey after all of this and winning.
I think he's great too. Maybe a bit too brash for national office. I think he'll be easily re-elected next year.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:54 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Guys guys! Don't give the clowns any ideas!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I think he's great too. Maybe a bit too brash for national office. I think he'll be easily re-elected next year.
I probably won't be living here for his next election, Jersey was just meant to be a layover with moving to NYC, but if I were I would be tempted to vote for Christie depending on who was running against him. Cause even as a Democrat, I gotta respect a Republican who clearly puts politics aside when it is most needed. But I would never vote for him for president.

Old 11-22-2012, 06:57 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Christie is a republican - a "pragmatic" conservative. Like all of them, he hated government until he needed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies