Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Victims of dead beat fathers? Maybe you should have thought of that before you said yes. Did you even think about how many kids did the guy fathered before you or did you think you were special and he wouldn't do that to you. Are they easy? It's blaming someone else when they are partly responsible. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

If you want to have sex that's your choice but expecting other people to pay for your bad choices and everything else is wrong.

why all the hate? Your hate is misdirected. If it were not for taxpayers these women wouldn't get anything. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you and your illegitimate kids.

No I see woman acting helpless. This war on women BS was embarrassing the our gender. It was disrespectful to women when Obama put in when he acted like daddy coming to the rescue of susan rice.
I don't hate, don't impose your emotions on me. I hate no body or no thing.

Dude, my wife might object to a few of your statements. You wanta rewrite you post applying my correct gender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
I've waited for years to see what jobs these tax cuts created; sadly it seems like they actually made jobs more scarce.
Those tax cuts were never about creating jobs, they were simply put in place to shift the burdens of this government onto the backs of the 99%.

Any time you take money out of circulation in a consumer economy you slow that economy down. Wealthy save, everyone else spends. The velocity of liquid money is still near record lows.

Last edited by buzzards27; 12-10-2012 at 12:10 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 12:18 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Keep thinking your way and in 4-5 years you will be in the same place financially.
WTF are you talking about? The obtuseness is mindblowing! Wow!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,425,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
Keep thinking your way and in 4-5 years you will be in the same place financially.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
WTF are you talking about? The obtuseness is mindblowing! Wow!
lol, what is so mind blowing about the statement? .... all the drama lol. Do you think your life will be better in 4-5 years. Why if you are doing more of the same?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Those tax cuts were never about creating jobs, they were simply put in place to shift the burdens of this government onto the backs of the 99%.

Any time you take money out of circulation in a consumer economy you slow that economy down. Wealthy save, everyone else spends. The velocity of liquid money is still near record lows.
The "wealthy" probably "save" because they have the money and risk tolerance to invest in slightly more risky things. Meanwhile everyone else is being killed by the horrible fed policies that make it so that true savings (ie a bank savings account) actually lose money over time because of such low interest rates and higher inflation rates.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
When I see a rich person, I don't feel any anger or malice. What I feel is "why can't I have that"? I used to work for the AJC doing door to door sales. I was frequently dropped off in the rich neighborhoods. I would see this big houses and fancy stuff. I would often think "I want this. I want what they have".

Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
When I see a rich person, I don't feel any anger or malice. What I feel is "why can't I have that"? I used to work for the AJC doing door to door sales. I was frequently dropped off in the rich neighborhoods. I would see this big houses and fancy stuff. I would often think "I want this. I want what they have".
Good to ask that. So what are you doing to get there? It's not a sarcastic question but a question you should be asking yourself.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Keep thinking.. . you might find the answer. It all starts with an idea.

Beware of naysayers for they seek to keep you down. They would rather complain and be bitter. Find new friends to hang around. People who don't expect the government to take care of them because they will keep you in a poor mindset. Get away from them and don't let them drag you down.

Rich people love to help others but only only people that show they have a drive and who are willing to consider other ways of thinking and doing. People who play the blame game, complainers, and the bitter are a turn off to people with money. They realize that they can not help them because they will fight you all the way when you do try to help them. Why would a rich person bother, they can't force people who don't want to be helped.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
The "wealthy" probably "save" because they have the money and risk tolerance to invest in slightly more risky things. Meanwhile everyone else is being killed by the horrible fed policies that make it so that true savings (ie a bank savings account) actually lose money over time because of such low interest rates and higher inflation rates.
no, everyone else spends becuz they have to to survive. The wealthy only need a tiny portion of their income to "survive", many ppl at the bottom need more than they make to just survive. That is the whole rational for government aid. Without assistance many at the bottom wouldn't survive.

The rest of us are somewhere in the middle but most of us are living pay check to pay check and barely keeping ahead of the payments for their borrowed money. Anyone who is paying interest and principal of the things they purchased years ago is not living well. You cannot honestly say you are a saver until you have cleared your debts. about 40% of young families have a negative net worth, one in four have no liquid assets.

for at least half of Americans it isn't having access to good investment opportunities that hold them back it is a lack of liquid assets to invest for most ppl. Paying the rent or the mortgage comes first.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM

You forgot credit card debt. Credit card debt is termed bad debt because it takes money out of tomorrows income. When tomorrow comes you have less so people keep using their credit card and then get caught in a never ending rat race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies