Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2012, 08:57 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The ONLY time you will ever get a rich man to pay his fair share is through taxes. And that's the end of the story.
The only time you get a welfare lifer to do his or her fair share of the work is when they??? I don't know, does anyone else?

The only time you get a welfare lifer to be capable... well it certainly wasn't to vote, they couldn't even get an ID.

The only time you get a welfare lifer to pay taxes... never.. the life that just keeps on taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
If places like Walmart paid a living wage and provided benefits we could cut the 47% in half. Why do we tolerate employers paying wages so lower that full time workers quality for food stamps?
Did Walmart hold you at gunpoint to work for them? Quit if you do not like the wage you are paid. Do you have skills to get paid a higher wage somewhere else.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post

Yes, yes, as long as they wear $540 sneakers while "helping the poor".
Let's not forget Ann Romney's $1000 blouse or Sarah Palin's $180K campaign wardrobe, charged to the RNC.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No piercing that corporate church veil to determine where the money goes.

How the Mormons Make Money - Businessweek

A study co-written by Cragun and recently published in Free Inquiry estimates that the Mormon Church donates only about 0.7 percent of its annual income to charity; the United Methodist Church gives about 29 percent.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 AM

37,218 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Actually, most of the really wealthy people I have ever known, with two exceptions, were absolutely miserable creatures who worried constantly that they were going to lose their money. It was the only thing that validated their existence. Their possessions owned them, and kept them working long hours and not sleeping at night.

In all actuality, I felt sorry for them.

Last edited by cuebald; 11-25-2012 at 09:55 AM..

Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Recently friend of mine died...He was a very rich man. My wealth consisted of 40 dollars...his wealth was up around the 20 billion dollar mark...I had not spoken to him in a long time...then about five years ago I called him up...I said..."Jim you have everything and not a friend in the world...I have nothing and not a friend in the world...would you like to be friends?"

He replied "It would be good to have a friend" - that was it..we talked every second day for the next 5 years...did I resent him or did I hate him? Not really...He paid the price for his loss of freedom...and I paid the price for my freedom..which was poverty. No...I never hated this man...in fact the world was better when he was alive- at least I felt safer...If there was a problem, I had someone who would protect me...I had a patron....there was no money involved...just mutual care and respect...

Try it- adopt a rich person and be their friend....just don't expect to get paid for that friendship.
Cool, I like your post. I know someone just like this, very rich but no fiends and he is still alive. About 6 years back we befriended each other. Others don't see it but he is a cool guy and very kind man.

Sometimes I would ask questions, other times he would tell me stories how he build his wealth. One time I asked him how much is enough and he said, you don't understand, it's not how much is enough instead it's because I know how. And that know how is what he keeps trying to give to the people around him but they keep rejecting him. A few of his relatives think he should just give them money because he has it. One needed a large amount of money so he leant it to them, the term was to pay it back then they tried to get out of paying him back because they thought relatives shouldn't have to pay it back. He never gave or leant me any money but as time went on and through his knowledge I realized he gave me a fishing pole. Yep, adopt a rich person.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Did Walmart hold you at gunpoint to work for them? Quit if you do not like the wage you are paid. Do you have skills to get paid a higher wage somewhere else.
So you really don`t mind paying for food stamps for Walmart employees while 6 members of the Walton family have as much wealth as the bottom 30% of Americans?

Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
So you really don`t mind paying for food stamps for Walmart employees while 6 members of the Walton family have as much wealth as the bottom 30% of Americans?
Did I say that? If you don't like your pay rate and you have more marketable skills then find a better paying job. Just be sure to negotiate a better pay rate the next time. And if they pull out the gun and put it to your head and demand that you work for them like Walmart must have done.... RUN... RUN!

Do you mind being a pawn to help contribute to political welfare class?

Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Of course you would.

Charity is no substitution for government bureaucracy and punishing the job creators for their unfair amounts of money, right?
No, it's just because they can't be trusted. They have provided a long history of evidence. Regarding the "jobs they create" they are provided the means to create those jobs by the US Government and the citizens. They create because we allow them to and they think they can make a buck. Nobody owes them any thanks.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No, it's just because they can't be trusted. They have provided a long history of evidence.
Yea... what he said!!! An Egyptian citizen told me that the government CAN be trusted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies