Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 09:52 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,426,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Same thing happened to me with my college address...I had to use my friends address to start getting call backs. Apparently the word had gotten around the the college kids weren't reliable even though I'd finished school already. Lots of call outs, lots of no-shows, job abandonment, lots of theft and vandalism, lots of risk involving things like credit cards and social security numbers..some areas just have a stigma connected with them.

When I was on the other end of the hiring process, there were some applicants that I disqualified based on their addresses unless they had a stellar resume. It wasn't a racial thing but I knew that the area was very low-income and that most of the people there didn't have cars and we already had a good chunk of employees relying on our unreliable bus system.

The hiring process isn't blind...that's about the most basic explanation you're going to get.
I've worked with some of the hardest working black people that I would rather work with then other white co-workers. But have you run into this. I had this experience early on

I worked in a hospital and walked into a patients room where a black girl (employee). As I walked over to the patient I noticed he was not breathing, respiratory / cardiac arrest. I of course kicked into action also told the black girl to help and hit the code bell. The next day I came into work I was called into the office. The reason... the black girl cried racism and was going to report it. I could not believe it. A man lay dying and she was offended when she was asked for help (her job)? My boss replied by putting her head down and said she had to do it. Do you think that attitude helps or hurts?

Did you ever run into that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,557,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
It cracks me up when I see people harping on the fact that there are twenty days in a school year that focus on black people that's like 11%!

The funny thing about that ONE month is that it seems since there is that ONE month dedicated to everything black regardless of the subject, they're not included in the other EIGHT months. I can't help but wonder if they were included at all before that ONE month.

You folks? Our ignorance? Exactly which post did I make showing my ignorance?

Oh I keep forgetting...that whole one liberal equals ALL liberals thing, right?

By the way embarrassing has two S's.....if you're going to call me ignorant the least you could do is spell check your insults.
Hey, don't feel bad. The Irish only get 1 day (3/17), but we make the most of it

Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,333,319 times
I don't understand how can you say that liberals are the biggest dividers in this country when mitt said that 47% of this country are freeloaders? If my math is correct I believe that 47 is a hell of alot closer to dividing this country up than the 18% of blacks or the 20% of latinos or even the undisclosed number of gays and transgendered people in this country are.

I think that you meant that liberal have the audacity to point out the flaws of your thinking when after a blackman is elected, hmmm excuse me, RE-ELECTED many whites are in an uproar and want to succede from the country. This is funny to me simply because they are under the premise that blacks are the only ones that are pictured to be on government assistance. Think about this, go back during the republican primaries and close your eyes and actually listen to what some of them clowns said about government assistance and many of you can picture a big black woman in a caddy dragging 4-5 children on her way to cash in her welfare check and selling her food stamps for beer, cigarettes and lottery tickets!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I don't understand how can you say that liberals are the biggest dividers in this country when mitt said that 47% of this country are freeloaders? If my math is correct I believe that 47 is a hell of alot closer to dividing this country up than the 18% of blacks or the 20% of latinos or even the undisclosed number of gays and transgendered people in this country are.
LOL, your as thin skinned as your president. It is true that 47% get some form of government help? Facts are facts. By the time the tape came out I think it was 49%. Some of these people are on the dole through choice others because they lost their jobs due to a crappy job market. So what is the problem. Ashamed of it? Stop crying about it. Stop being so damn thinned skinned and do something about it.

Now.. lets deal with that 47% comment in another way. Romney was talking to contributors who gave him lots of money and these people naturally want to know how he was going to spend the money. If you know that a group of people are wedged in for Obama and there is no way in hell you are going to change their mind.. would you throw money at trying to change their mind. Of course not... a smart business man is going to use money in a smart way and talk to people who are undecided.

Now... even before the 47% comment you know that there was no way you would vote for Romney so don't be so thin skinned.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
The only people that I hear talking about race are lefties.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM

723 posts, read 2,194,685 times
Sorry OP. I applaud your efforts but no changing some of these folks. Hey this is the country where
Blacks/Hispanics on Welfare = HAND OUT
Whites on Welfare = HAND UP

Blacks taking food after a hurricane = LOOTED
Whites taking food after a hurricane = FOUND

Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,387,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A typo is one thing...not understanding basic math is another. You cheered the person for putting forth a failed experiment in percentages....and now you're running from that kumbayah moment. Ask me if i'm surprised!
I didn't cheer. I simply made a comment that he shouldn't post numbers in this forum because they don't mean anything. I actually didn't even look at the numbers because I know from experience on this forum that numbers and percentages or facts in general carry very little weight compared to youtube videos or made-up stories from preferred new sources. And that's for people on every side of every issue...

I actually didn't mention any race or political parties in my post but of course in your mind I only have the ability to think on the black liberal platform so am I surprised that you immediately latched on to it, made it a racial/political thing and then called me ignorant? Not hardly.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The only people that I hear talking about race are lefties.
Democrats are race obsessed. And why shouldn’t they be? It worked to get Obama elected. Did you notice that the left wing media outlets intentionally did not give air time to speakers Mia Love, Condoleeza Rice, Susana Martinez and Arthur Davis. Because that would blow the democratic's whole facade depicting the Republican party as a white man’s party. Just in case you missed them, their speeches were excellent. I especially liked Condoleeza Rice's speech.

What else does the mainstream media, that bastion of liberal bias, do when they aren’t editing out speeches by articulate minorities... they make racist off color jokes about throwing parties while black people drown and race baiting.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,387,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
I've worked with some of the hardest working black people that I would rather work with then other white co-workers. But have you run into this. I had this experience early on

I worked in a hospital and walked into a patients room where a black girl (employee). As I walked over to the patient I noticed he was not breathing, respiratory / cardiac arrest. I of course kicked into action also told the black girl to help and hit the code bell. The next day I came into work I was called into the office. The reason... the black girl cried racism and was going to report it. I could not believe it. A man lay dying and she was offended when she was asked for help (her job)? My boss replied by putting her head down and said she had to do it. Do you think that attitude helps or hurts?

Did you ever run into that?
I've never worked in a hospital so no I've never had that experience but I have been in situations where there have been accusations of racism or gay bashing or ageism or all kinds of other -isms that I wasn't even aware of. My general understanding of situations is perception is king...I may have said something with no intent at all behind it except what I was asking you to do but depending on your perception of the situation it could come off a completely different way. People are people. Some of them make mistakes; some of them are jerks.

As far as your question...do I think that attitude helps or hurts who? The woman? Women in general? Black women? Black women who works in hospitals?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,268,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And I've said if reduced-cost or free school lunches are "welfare", then riding the school bus is as well...
How do you get that?

You have to qualify to get "free lunch". Anyone can take the school bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies