Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 05:26 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times

Advertisements

I don't like this idea at all if this is true in the article. One thing that struck me from the article is that it said this:

'Pedophilia has already been granted protected status by the federal government in a way.'

I didn't know this. Is what the California congresswoman doing a smart agenda? I can't see pedophiles who prey on children being considered a 'Protected Class' of people. I believe there will be harsh opposition to this move. They need to define specifically what the language means in this bill.

Plan promotes protection for pedophiles

Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times
Protected Class. I'll go for that, but only if they have tracking chips inserted, aren't allowed to travel and they all have to live in California.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Protected Class. I'll go for that, but only if they have tracking chips inserted, aren't allowed to travel and they all have to live in California.
I can agree with that. Keep them in a isolated area if they have been convicted of 'Child Molestation'.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,879 times
Since when is pedophilia a sexual orientation? It is a mental disorder. Talk about misleading.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
They are saying that the language is so broad and generic that pedophiles "could" get themselves included and thus protected. If that's the case then so can rapists.

Valid concerns there. You don't want something so broad that sexual predators of any nature use that law to get themselves protected. They are NOT the ones needing protection.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are saying that the language is so broad and generic that pedophiles "could" get themselves included and thus protected.
No, they couldn't. "Pedophilia" is not a sexual orientation, despite the deranged insistence of WorldNutDaily to the contrary.

Can you point to even one instance of "pedophiles" finding themselves protected under anti-discimination laws that currently cover sexual orientation in any of the numerous jurisdictions where such laws exist?

No, you can't. So your premise -- like that of the OP -- is a lie.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I don't like this idea at all if this is true in the article. One thing that struck me from the article is that it said this:

'Pedophilia has already been granted protected status by the federal government in a way.'

I didn't know this. Is what the California congresswoman doing a smart agenda? I can't see pedophiles who prey on children being considered a 'Protected Class' of people. I believe there will be harsh opposition to this move. They need to define specifically what the language means in this bill.

Plan promotes protection for pedophiles
They are that is why we put them in prison for their own protection.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I don't like this idea at all if this is true in the article.
Then you can rest easily. Almost nothing in the article is true.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
No, they couldn't. "Pedophilia" is not a sexual orientation, despite the deranged insistence of WorldNutDaily to the contrary.

Can you point to even one instance of "pedophiles" finding themselves protected under anti-discimination laws that currently cover sexual orientation in any of the numerous jurisdictions where such laws exist?

No, you can't. So your premise -- like that of the OP -- is a lie.
From that article..what if they claim that as their way to "getting better" ?

However, the term “sexual orientation” is not defined in either the California bill or Speier’s resolution.
The resolution and SB 1172 define sexual orientation change efforts as attempts to change the “behavior” associated with a person’s sexual orientation.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From that article:

However, the term “sexual orientation” is not defined in either the California bill or Speier’s resolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies