Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 06:29 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
When my till death liar darling divorced me she got the house I built and my daughters at 569 a month support.So I found a cheap home and both daughters moved in with me and even though I make way less then her was awarded 249 a month support,courts hate men but thier daughters dont.too many get screwed but I have my girls mom is a lonely old hack you can meet on any dating site. yup seen em
And most of those courts are run by men, self-hating males that is.

The American family courts is one of the largest criminal organizations in the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
My step son filed for divorce a few years ago and did a 180 when he figured out she'd get 70% of his paycheck. It's cheaper to keep her.

This is just sad. I will never understand why the courts favor women who don't work to support their own kids. I know more than one man who supported his wife's DECISION to stay home with the kids only to be ordered to pay alimony to her when they divorced BECAUSE she was a stay at home mom. When dh and I split up, I was hard pressed to get anything because I outearned him. It was all I could do to keep from losing some of my income to him and I had the kids. If I had been a SAHM, he would have been fighting to keep his income and he would have lost. Why does my decision to work or not work change how a divorce is handled?
Because those judges are self-hating males and women basically see the government as their family and provider. The court system is part of the government.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:39 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
All these posts and articles make it obvious why marriage is dying. It's a trap. One from which you may never recover.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
My step son filed for divorce a few years ago and did a 180 when he figured out she'd get 70% of his paycheck. It's cheaper to keep her.

This is just sad. I will never understand why the courts favor women who don't work to support their own kids. I know more than one man who supported his wife's DECISION to stay home with the kids only to be ordered to pay alimony to her when they divorced BECAUSE she was a stay at home mom. When dh and I split up, I was hard pressed to get anything because I outearned him. It was all I could do to keep from losing some of my income to him and I had the kids. If I had been a SAHM, he would have been fighting to keep his income and he would have lost. Why does my decision to work or not work change how a divorce is handled?
Because when it comes to marriage and having kids there is no "her decision" and "his decison"...it's joint. If you don't believe that you should never get married. WE (me and my husband) decided life would be easier if I didn't work due to our high demand jobs and desire for children. After the first one I still worked and we both went insane. After the second "we" made the decision for me to stay home and "we" both reaped the rewards of that. Him mostly, truth be told. With me taking care of everything household/family related he was able to continue moving up the ladder at work, take positions requiring travel, and got his MBA on top of it all...he had some free time you see.
And for every story about the evil ex wife who took him for all he's worth (sob) there are countless stories of evil ex husbands who traded up or just wanted to bed everyone they met AFTER years and years of these "joint" decisons. Anyone staying otherwise is an idiot.

Last edited by Ceece; 12-01-2012 at 06:56 PM..

Old 12-01-2012, 06:47 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Echoes of Paul Harvey and "The rest of the story" ring loud.

MY take is he "tried" to hide a large sum offshore and got caught, or something along those lines.

They(the court) will release him when he gets the cash.

The creator of the video sounds like a serious misogynist that could be sexually conflicted.

Last edited by Trackwatch; 12-01-2012 at 06:55 PM..

Old 12-01-2012, 06:53 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,874,143 times
Mixed feelings. Most men are scum. They don't want to see their kids or have anything to do with them mostly. Mine moved off to Texas after him and mom called it quits. Wish I could have called it quits with both of them personally. As for him being in jail, I don't know both sides of the story so I will just say mum. Personally I don't doubt it because lawyers and judges are scum. None of them have a soul of any kind. As for jail/prison, once you get used to it, you find that it is not the worst place in the world. I spent 2 years there myself. They have some pretty decent programs there if you want to take advantage of them and can get permission from the Warden to get into them.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:00 PM

183 posts, read 264,717 times
Don't WANT KIDS? Get a vasectomy or tubal. Once you have em, YOU take care of them. I don't want to. I had as many as I could afford and wanted, and no more. Proudly married 24 years and no regrets. But then, my husband and I discussed our goals and desires BEFORE marriage OR kids.

COMMON SENSE. Don't want kids? Don't HAVE THEM. Otherwise, choose the behavior, choose your consequences. NOT one child EVER asked to be born. THEY should come first. Period.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:15 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
My Mother received almost none of the child support my father was ordered to pay(it was a pittance so it wasn't he couldn't pay it) but we didn't miss it because my mother had a very good job, and back then there was little she could do about it anyway.

You need to know the whole story before you judge, some are women that want to live off their ex-husband forever, there are men that want to hide large sums while their children live in a car, and many other situations.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
The deadbeat dad is a myth. Most "deadbeat" dads are just dead broke

EDITORIAL: Anti-Dad bias - Washington Times

Two-thirds of men who fail to make child-support payments earn poverty-level wages, according to the Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement. Most of the others are unemployed.
I'm not going to open a link to the ultra-conservative Washington Times who for the most part think like the rest of the extreme right and that is they are anti-woman.

According to the snip above I'm supposed to have sympathy for a man that has to pay child support while earning poverty-level wages? Seriously? I can't do that and I am in agreement with poster idon'tdateyou who said all support should go to the children and not alimony. I'll add maybe except in extreme cases.

The man also holds responsibility for making babies they can't afford. It's a no-brainer that having unprotected sex can lead to having a child. Don't breed if you can't feed and don't settle because you want good sex. That is what leads to dumb decisions, men thinking with the wrong head. Unless an agreement on being a house husband a man not making a stable salary with health insurance and at least 50K in the bank has no business having children.

As far as the video in the first post --- we didn't see the whole story. It's slanted and very one-sided.
However I do recognize that men often get the bad end of a divorce deal. More men need to think harder and take a good hard look at their financial situation as well as the relationship with their spouse before deciding to have a family.
That in itself would dramatically cut down on cases like this.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:18 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I saw that video on TV before.

If you're worried about your soon-to-be wife taking everything from you, sign a prenuptual agreement.

Not sure how to combat the Child support payments other than to wear a condom, or tell the court that you can't afford the payments. Of course I dont have kids, nor do I pay CS, and I don't know how to reduce the CS payments.

The child support formula is written to favor the custodial parent who in most cases is the mother, so usually the mother (who may well be financially strapped) ends up with the pre-divorce housing (a house, or perhaps 2BR apartment) and the father ends up renting a room in a flophouse when that's all he can afford after paying child support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies