Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 07:20 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Years ago men got away but now I think the pendulum swung too far in the woman's favor. PS. I am a woman and was shocked to see what this B got away with. It's abusive.
Actually it is the opposite though they are still bias against men. Things swung in the woman's favor for a while, but now they are going back as evidenced with the end of the tender years doctrine which was hideously sexist against men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
If you marry another guy, you probably won't have that problem.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:23 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,075,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMdotCOM2011 View Post
Don't WANT KIDS? Get a vasectomy or tubal. Once you have em, YOU take care of them. I don't want to. I had as many as I could afford and wanted, and no more. Proudly married 24 years and no regrets. But then, my husband and I discussed our goals and desires BEFORE marriage OR kids.

COMMON SENSE. Don't want kids? Don't HAVE THEM. Otherwise, choose the behavior, choose your consequences. NOT one child EVER asked to be born. THEY should come first. Period.
You sound like an amazing woman.

Too many parents use their children as pawns in their divorce, some play them against each other and/or the other parent or the step(if there is one), it can get very dirty and the children are seriously damaged as a result.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
My Mother received almost none of the child support my father was ordered to pay(it was a pittance so it wasn't he couldn't pay it) but we didn't miss it because my mother had a very good job, and back then there was little she could do about it anyway.

You need to know the whole story before you judge, some are women that want to live off their ex-husband forever, there are men that want to hide large sums while their children live in a car, and many other situations.
I wouldn't some. It's more like most. They use the government to have men pay for them forever. Women see the government as their daddy, way more than their biological father.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:01 AM

12 posts, read 19,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Wow, this is disgusting. Less than one third of child support payments are actually spent on children? Nothing hits harder than facts. Look at the man in this video. He's so happy to be released and thinks they might be able to work out an agreement, only to find himself thrown back inside at her whim just TWO days later. That's scary. Once you sign that contract, your ass is owned.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Well, this is one aspect of the situation. Part of my job is filing appeals in child support cases. Let me tell you about some of the other aspects.

Did you know that nationwide, almost 60% of men who owe child support don't pay? And that's just the ones with standing court orders. There are many, many more cases where women just don't file for support, hoping that by not doing so, the man will treat her and the children better. It rarely works. In most cases, the man just ends up walking away and sticking the mothers--or taxpayers--with the bills. Far more women then men are driven to destitution in cases like this. I am not unsympathetic to this man's predicament. But there is a larger reality this video ignores.
One of the reasons so many women don't file for suport is that the welfare state provides better than child support would. They forget about the ex and marry the state. I wish this option didn't exist.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Not sure how to combat the Child support payments other than to wear a condom, or tell the court that you can't afford the payments.
They don;t care if you can't afford the payments. I had a friend that was playing in a cover band that was touring all over the east coast, he was making really good money. He had a kid and decided to stay home, he was doing it for years anyway and was tired of it. Shortly after the GF took the kid and went after him for CS. The court was basing the payments on what he was making in the band, the judge didn't care and didn't want to hear it.

The other issue we need more accountability for how this money is being spent.

Old 12-02-2012, 03:20 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Michigan Child Support guideline will allow a judge to order child support based on the parent's "demonstrated ability to earn" regardless if that is how much the parent is currently earning.

I grew up with a deadbeat mother, and yes, she did spend time in jail. I also have a female cousin that was ordered to pay almost 100% of her paycheck. She literally had $5 left after child support.

I do not necessarily agree with the current child support system. I do not agree that a person should lose their professional license for failure to pay because that certainly isn't going to get ANYONE ahead. Of all that lose, the kids lose the most.

But, I am almost biased. My husband walked out of me and our infant son to be with another woman. Let the judge order him to pay - at least I know his hard earned dollars will go to his child (yes - legitimately, the support I eventually receive will go directly toward my child's expenses). My husband is in for a HUGE awakening ... he is naive in thinking the court will be fair when support is ordered. I, however, am a product of a broken home where my father had full custody and was a father's right activist. I know the truth. I lived the truth, and I have seen the truth.

ETA: I am a female .. I personally am weary of ever saying "I do" again because of my own experience being married and getting the ball dropped on me. I am definitely not going to be out creating more mouths to feed anytime soon, if ever, as the court system is not fun to deal with should things just not work out. I totally see where a guy needs to be weary as well.
While the number of deadbeat dads is higher than deadbeat moms, as a percentage there are more deadbeat moms than deadbeat dads. Of those required to pay child support, 68% of the dads pay up while only 57% of the moms pay up. Yet there is no uproar, and no organizations to hunt down deadbeat moms like there is for deadbeat dads.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:12 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times
I read the first page of comments and can only say that this just illustrates that we live in a supremely, supremely sick and perverse society that almost defies reason its self, if it even exists in this world anymore.

It's also a decent but not great illustration why God does not permit women to hold authority over men. That dynamic in its self is highly perverse and against the natural order. Of course the reason it's not a perfect illustration of gross disorder is that most men now days are completely unworthy to have a woman worthy of the title of lady and mother. Both wallow in the mire that their apostasy has spawned.

Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
One of the reasons so many women don't file for suport is that the welfare state provides better than child support would. They forget about the ex and marry the state. I wish this option didn't exist.
In addition, there's income from the new boyfriend[s], family, cash from side jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies