Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

She's a loon anyway. What is wrong with Arizona?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 12:10 PM

78,418 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
She's a loon anyway. What is wrong with Arizona?
LOL, she might be a loon but for someone from IL to write this is hillarious.

I grew up there and you guys are pretty much rock-bottom in terms of how your state is run and whom you elect.

Jesse Jackson Jr just won re-election there despite pysch hospitalization....will he go to jail for political spending violations or will they just give him a pass like how he narrowly missed getting caught in the blagovich probe?

You have how many ex-governors in jail?

You can't pay the pensions of your retired public workers.

Mayor Daley gave away about 8billion dollars in city money to a private venture capital firm on the way out the door with his parking meter contract.

Yeah, how is that smug view from the bottom of the latrine?

Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
She has been in Kuwait and Afganistan

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And miss a finger-wagging opportunity in public?...
He's lucky she didn't give him the middle finger for not allowing her to protect her state from illegal immigrants.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
She has been in Kuwait and Afganistan
At taxpayer expense, of course.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

You have how many ex-governors in jail?
*cough, cough*

Arizona Governor John Fife Symington who was convicted of bank fraud and extortion. (He was pardoned by Clinton.)

AzScam - State House and senate caught taking pay-offs. Ten were removed from office or force to resign.

I wouldn't throw stones about corrupt and inept legislators because Arizona has had them through most of its history. (Notice how it took Texas to clean out the mess called the FLDS?) Now, boys and girls, let's start adding up how much $$$ Arpaio has cost the taxpayers of Maricopa County because of all the lawsuits filed against him since he brought his travelling road show to the desert. And that's just the payouts. Let's start discussing how much taxpayers have had to pay for his defen$e.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:30 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And miss a finger-wagging opportunity in public?...
I don't know. Maybe she doesn't want people to know she's consorting with the enemy? LOL

In any case, I don't care one way or the other. It was just something I heard on the news last night.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:15 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
*cough, cough*

Arizona Governor John Fife Symington who was convicted of bank fraud and extortion. (He was pardoned by Clinton.)

AzScam - State House and senate caught taking pay-offs. Ten were removed from office or force to resign.

I wouldn't throw stones about corrupt and inept legislators because Arizona has had them through most of its history. (Notice how it took Texas to clean out the mess called the FLDS?) Now, boys and girls, let's start adding up how much $$$ Arpaio has cost the taxpayers of Maricopa County because of all the lawsuits filed against him since he brought his travelling road show to the desert. And that's just the payouts. Let's start discussing how much taxpayers have had to pay for his defen$e.
I blame the ethnocentric, racists in Arizona for filing suit against Arpaio in the first place for so-called racial profiling where none exists and none has been proven.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:47 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
*cough, cough*

It's still tough to beat Illinois. I grew up there. As a little kid I remember that the IL sec'y of state died in his hotel suite (it was his long-term housing). In the closet they found $800,000 in cash, along with (IIRC) canned goods and cases of whiskey. 42 years later, we've got Blago. plus ca change....

Old 12-06-2012, 01:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I blame the ethnocentric, racists in Arizona for filing suit against Arpaio in the first place for so-called racial profiling where none exists and none has been proven.
Oops. You just lost all your Arpaio credibility. The big-bucks lawsuits against him have had nothing to do with racial profiling. Feel free to Google "abuse lawsuits Arpaio" for more exciting information on what your hero has co$t the taxpayers in his county.

I know! You could send a check to the taxpayers of Maricopa County to show your support for Arpaio. A big ol' check to help off-set their costs from Joe being picked on or whatever your theory is. Great idea, don't you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies