Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,648,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
And how would you feel if he made a decision by himself to abort, and punched you in the stomach, causing premeditated abortion of the baby? Because thats exactly what you are advertising in a vice versa scenario. Something tells me you wouldnt like it very much.
Again seems your reacting emotionally not logically as she stated 'her body her decision' so clearly the guy has no say in whether she has an abortion or whether she doesn't have an abortion.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,065,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Wasn't she in a coma and the father wanted to keep the baby but her parents wanted to terminate it? I remember something like that in the news a while back.
I don't think that's the one I'm thinking about. I did find one but it was in the UK, so that might have been the one I heard about.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,635,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Well wouldn't that be assault??? I would think she could have him arrested for assaulting her. Why would someone risk that?
Im just trying to illustrate what that would feel like, excluding the other parent from making a sensible decision together. He would be locked up for assaulting her, just like a woman who gets an abortion without notifying the man, should. Its common sense really.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
Well, if that's the case, why don't guys do this more often? I keep seeing guys getting put in jail for non-support, but if all they have to do is sign over all rights, why aren't they doing that?
Possibly because many guys are unaware of this or male pride in having a child even when they have no desire to support the child or be a part of the child's life. In my experience most guys don't behave logically or rationally despite the lamenting on how guys are logical/rational or more so than gals.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:20 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,065,581 times
I would also like to point out that those of you who say pregnancy is a medical concern must also be aware that abortion can be devastating to the body and the soul. Yes?

5,472 posts, read 7,635,128 times
Quote:
Yes, so males can just walk away from unwanted kids and it'll be our form of abortion. Aren't you in favor of equal rights?
Nothing equal about these types of opinions. Oh, well.

34,941 posts, read 36,440,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
It depends on the circumstances. If they were in a stable relationship then I would say they make the decision together. If it's a one night stand or casual relationship then the woman should do what she feels is right for her. Realistically however if a woman decides she wants an abortion, no man can tie her up and make her carry the baby. She is not an incubator.
I agree completely.

It's rather amazing that anyone would assume they have control over someone else's body for 9 months just because of a birth control failure.

15,714 posts, read 21,145,246 times
Quote:
Yes, so males can just walk away from unwanted kids and it'll be our form of abortion. Aren't you in favor of equal rights?
HA, if he was a d-bad I'd beg him to sign over his rights. If he wants to walk away so easily...Buh-bye!

If my cousin could convince her ex D-bag husband to sign over his rights she'd rejoice!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,145,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
I would also like to point out that those of you who say pregnancy is a medical concern must also be aware that abortion can be devastating to the body and the soul. Yes?
Of course it is. I'm not denying that. That's why I think it should be left up to the woman. If you force her to do something with her body that she doesn't want to do, it's going to be devastating either way.

And FTR I am pro-choice but I am personally, absoltely against abortion. I would never do it, no matter what the circumstances.
However, having 4 difficult pregnancies and a few nightmare deliveries, I don't believe anyone should ever be forced to go through it.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Im just trying to illustrate what that would feel like, excluding the other parent from making a sensible decision together. He would be locked up for assaulting her, just like a woman who gets an abortion without notifying the man, should. Its common sense really.
Seems more like a strawman argument with logic leap playing on emotions rather than logic.

He could be locked up for assaulting her just like she could be locked up for assaulting him as both are against the law. Depending on the state a gal can get an abortion without notifying the guy and it's completely legal.

Your comparison is lacking as his body isn't going through anything she's still the one being forced to carry the baby or forced to abort the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies