Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:16 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Smith has come out with some great new products in the last few years. Their M&P series handguns are all good, with the Shield being one of the best compact concealed carry handguns available right now. Love mine, took 6 months to finally find one. Their AR platform rifles are also a great value.

Firearms sales are about the only part of the "Obama Stimulus" that has actually contributed to American jobs. A far higher portion of firearms are built in this country than most products. If we actually wanted an effective "jobs program" from congress, they should make fireams and ammo purchases deductible, with a tax credit for first time firearms owners.
I used to be much more of a gun nut than I am now. Every now and then I'll pick up a copy of Gun World or Guns & Ammo and am always amazed at how much the US gun industry has flourished and innovated. So many startup companies that I've never heard of, and innovative new calibers like 300 blackout and 6.5 Creedmoor. Almost all of it is made in US. And all with no federal subsidies, loan guarantees, or bailouts. I don't even think it's driven by military spending, because I don't think the military uses stuff like 6.5 Creedmoor.

Not that long ago, S&W was being shuttled from one owner group to another. For a while I believe they were Brazilian-owned. Then they made the deal with Clinton that led to the big boycott, and it looked like they might cease to exist.

What if we could transfer what has occurred in the gun industry to other parts of the economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 07:46 AM

143 posts, read 122,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
S&W makes the best revolvers.

Quality sells.

They are the standard when it come to wheel guns, but I'll take a Sig Sauer P220 or an old reliable Colt M1911 any day and twice on Sunday.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
This is good news KC, thanks for posting. I always like hearing about sale increases in any industry because it is good for the country. Actually having a Democrat in office is probably the best for the gun industry cause every idiot thinks they are gonna take their guns away and runs out and buys more.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Strangely enough, many of those purchasing these weapons believe that they will come in handy on December 21st, when the Earth is ripped apart and destroyed.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:35 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Blah blah blah, so what, ruger's sales were up too. duh.
Sturm Ruger Sales, Profit Soar On New Products, Gun Boom RGR CAB - Investors.com

Old 12-07-2012, 09:14 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Actually, no one gives a ****.

I don't have anything against gun ownership; I'm more concerned by the fact that the most passionate gun owners appear to suffer from paranoia. They think everyone is out to get them.
Well, in fairness there are two groups out to get gun owners.

1) The anti-gun segment formed mostly of people living in urban areas that don't want to face the uncomfortable truth as to why THEY have a murder problem....and so they need a scapegoat.

2) Gun and ammo sellers that make a fortune scaring the paranoid types every 4 years in order to make big $$$.

But wait, THIS time obama really will get all your guns....and your little dog too!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:44 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, in fairness there are two groups out to get gun owners.

1) The anti-gun segment formed mostly of people living in urban areas that don't want to face the uncomfortable truth as to why THEY have a murder problem....and so they need a scapegoat.

2) Gun and ammo sellers that make a fortune scaring the paranoid types every 4 years in order to make big $$$.

But wait, THIS time obama really will get all your guns....and your little dog too!
Yeah, why do gangbangers need guns? especially AR15's. The scapegoat in Chicago is taxing bullets.

They should be taxing the burglers who break into homes and steal bullets.

anyone ever notice how people blame the gun but not the people using them?

I hope nobody comes and takes my dog, he's the best friend I have.

he bites strangers too.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why did gun sales go up while Obama was in office before Romney was even running oh wise liberal comrades?
Because gun nuts are nuts when it comes to guns. It's in the job description.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
This is good news KC, thanks for posting. I always like hearing about sale increases in any industry because it is good for the country. Actually having a Democrat in office is probably the best for the gun industry cause every idiot thinks they are gonna take their guns away and runs out and buys more.
Except more and more of the actual manufacturing is being shipped out of country.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:54 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Except more and more of the actual manufacturing is being shipped out of country.
True, blame the people buying non American made guns....though they are adding money to the people in the retail side of guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies