Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:47 PM

679 posts, read 661,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
He took a oath to protect you and your country knowing the dangers that he could face in combat, including getting killed. We owe it to him to get him out.
Again, enough of the collective narcissism. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
He breaks the laws of another country while in that country and he should get a pass because he is a marine why?

According to the story he most likely didn't break any law.

My Father in Law got picked up by the Mechican police in Guadalajara because he had a dent in his pickup. The police said he was seen leaving the seen of an accident where a police officer was injured. The dent was part of a recorded accident (not his fault) here in the US just a week before he took his family to visit relatives in that Mexican city where my MIL's relatives have lived for over 300 years.

They demanded money $2000 US to be exact. Luckily he got a good attorney and only escaped with a $750 fine (ransom).

So yes it does happen.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:51 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
All he's gotta do is say he works for Eric Holder. They'll let him go.....

Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I thought you folks were sticklers about obeying the laws of foreign countries that others might enter? Furthermore, when have you ever had a problem before with rough treatment of prisoners? Is this more of the military fetishism where we're supposed to be more horrified when someone in uniform is mistreated than the rest of us?
ooooo SNAP!

Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I thought you folks were sticklers about obeying the laws of foreign countries that others might enter? Furthermore, when have you ever had a problem before with rough treatment of prisoners? Is this more of the military fetishism where we're supposed to be more horrified when someone in uniform is mistreated than the rest of us?
Maybe you need to read the links just to find out what is going on. Surely you could have learned from such reading that the man had been released from active service in 2007 and then served 4 years in the reserve. I guess he may have been wearing a uniform when arrested but doubt it very much since he had been discharged in 2007.

Nice try at deflection but somehow I think there is a chance that knowing what is going on would help you to think different.

You may even have found out that the drug cartel the Zetas is in charge of that prison. Of course, that wouldn't worry people like you since you don't know anything else about the story.

Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
He took a oath to protect you and your country knowing the dangers that he could face in combat, including getting killed. We owe it to him to get him out.
Good for him?

Old 12-09-2012, 06:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
He should have understood the laws while going into a foreign country.

Sovereignty is a ***** and you military people need to get out of your ivory towers. The world doesn't revolve around you, even though I know you are all taught differently.
Another non-reader points out his ignorance of this case without reading anything offered. Ain't it something when you people get wound out with your deflection?

Old 12-09-2012, 06:59 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Again, enough of the collective narcissism. The world doesn't revolve around you.
You should learn to appreciate our men in uniform, current and retired.

679 posts, read 661,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Another non-reader points out his ignorance of this case without reading anything offered. Ain't it something when you people get wound out with your deflection?
I see reading comprehension still isn't your strong point, eh roy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you need to read the links just to find out what is going on. Surely you could have learned from such reading that the man had been released from active service in 2007 and then served 4 years in the reserve. I guess he may have been wearing a uniform when arrested but doubt it very much since he had been discharged in 2007.

Nice try at deflection but somehow I think there is a chance that knowing what is going on would help you to think different.

You may even have found out that the drug cartel the Zetas is in charge of that prison. Of course, that wouldn't worry people like you since you don't know anything else about the story.
There isn't much to say as all the articles say the same. But the issue stans in that you can't expect to break the rules of other countries and be bailed out. People would be pitching the ***** if the reverse situation was happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies