Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 09:26 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Sorry,m I didn't drink the kool-aid.
The US military is a shill for corporations.
You didn't do squat for my freedoms.
You sure killed millions of people and overthrew governments, though.

Why I did what I did is none of your concern.
We're trying to love you too Sister....you just play hard to get...

Old 12-10-2012, 09:31 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Little boy, I don't need/want your type of "love" since it usually involves killing and stealing.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Sorry,m I didn't drink the kool-aid.
The US military is a shill for corporations.
You didn't do squat for my freedoms.
You sure killed millions of people and overthrew governments, though.

Why I did what I did is none of your concern.
I didn't drink the Kool-Aid either.
No......the military is for a reason...........to protect this country (And You) from enemies both foreign and domestic as well as our interests. You should appreciate our men and women in uniform for the job they do. I see you consider yourself a aging hippie. That explains everything now.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
No......the military is for a reason...........to protect this country (And You) from enemies both foreign and domestic as well as our interests. You should appreciate our men and women in uniform for the job they do. I see you consider yourself a aging hippie. That explains everything now.
You have protected me from nothing, you've been the aggressor.

I appreciate the military as much as I appreciate anyone else with a job, no more, no less.
They apply and get paid for their job.

The military is welfare for idiots.

Pssst, proper English usage would be "an aging hippie".
Are you saying that I'm not special because I'm an aging hippie? But, but, but, I'm also a vet.

Hahahahaha.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Little boy, I don't need/want your type of "love" since it usually involves killing and stealing.
You'd be supprized at the "gray" whiskers of this "little boy".

I also have a knee injury currently.

Want to suck out the water again for me?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I've met the haters many times before. Most never made it past an E2/3....IF THEY were lucky.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:14 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,217 times
Quote:
You have protected me from nothing, you've been the aggressor.
Guess you fell asleep on the civics class and military training part where they tell you you get orders from the commander in chief. You know, the president?

The military doesn't go off on it's own and start attacking various groups / nations on it's own. It waits for orders from the commander in chief and obeys those orders.

So, logically, it's the president which is the aggressor and uses the military to carry the president's policies out. I cannot believe I have to sit here and explain this simple concept.

And the presidents you voted for either started these wars (Vietnam, Libya) or worried more about getting his anatomy taken care of so we appeared weak. Yes, the presidents YOU voted for caused the policies you apparently despise. So why are you taking your own failed judgements out on people who have no control over that situation?

Old 12-11-2012, 02:15 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
They get paid so stop acting like it's a charity service. Pretty sure the majority are going in for the college and not for patriotic feelings of duty.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:17 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
What does taking the oath mean to you when signing up for the military? When I signed up for the Army I took the oath in order to head to Vietnam, I did it to attempt to help this nation stop the spread of Communism and preserve our freedoms and way of life at home. I can say that I am proud to have taken part in that fight. I retired after 20 years of service.
yes our freedoms were in danger from Vietnamese rice farmers.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:23 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
They get paid so stop acting like it's a charity service. Pretty sure the majority are going in for the college and not for patriotic feelings of duty.
There were many who signed up for strictly patriotism after Pearl Harbor and 9-11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies