Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 03:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,850,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I believe he was referring to comments made in this thread by certain counterclockwise folks not you in particular.

As for the country's law this is not some guy who was trying to smuggle arms into mexico. From the article he actualyl did what he though was the correct thing to do checked with border patrol and then when he got across said hey I got this gun and here's the paperwork they gave me to register it. They thanked him and tossed him in jail and nobody cares is the problem. Somebody in the government should care. That is their job, that is why we have embassies and the like in foreign countries. Mexico has done this for years though jail folks and extort money and nobody cares. Maybe it's time we do instead of caring about coddling their folks who break the law over here on our side.
So he fraudulently declared his weapon was going to be used for hunting? Mexico doesn't allow civilian ownership of firearms in most calibers, unless for a specific use (hunting or for a profession). CBP officers are probably the most unaware of Mexican laws (they typically don't go into Mexico).

Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,186,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Again, any uniform item is available secondhand, even personalized dogtags, and cannot be confirmed on an Internet forum, whether by PM or not...

Let's ask him (if we still want to post pictures):

(It's my arm on his headstone in this photo)
You're right....even a KA-BAR USMC, Ontario M7/M10 and a OKC-3S.

Si vis pacem para bellum

Old 12-11-2012, 03:50 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
guess the thread is now all about who can post the most weapons and say they are yours. maybe next we can have my contest....my service medals kick your service medals butts?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
guess the thread is now all about who can post the most weapons and say they are yours. maybe next we can have my contest....my service medals kick your service medals butts?
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600$sx900$s and weights 242$sKB.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1600$sx900$s and weights 364$sKB.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
We believe all you say...We read it on....

-
- * - -

* -
-
* -

C
I
T
Y

D
A
T
A
Semper Fi~

Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I hate to say this, but I used my ownself as bait in this thread. It worked liked a charm. I should be lucky I'm still with all of you. The people who matter must have a heart...that's all I can say. I thought I would be finished...and was prepared to assume that risk in an attempt to see what the late '12 opinion of US is.. It isn't good...I'll say that much.

Those of you who have a problem....have a BIG problem..

Something tells me they weren't kidding around either. I can usually tell the difference.
So you also admitting to trolling on the forum?...

Old 12-11-2012, 03:57 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
no real true vet who ever saw combat would post such tripe

Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Well, consider that he commented back to everyone else, but didn't respond on my post #193 (it may have a lower number after a moderator wades through the topic)...

Hint: He couldn't Google "CAR"...

What about all of those "insults" he said people were making about his service, when he belittled combat veterans himself?...

Old 12-11-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
No...just seeing who your friends are. Paul was one of mine as well. I can see what you are doing though. Maybe I will send that DD-214. You'd still insult me.

Quote:
No true VET would sit there and take crap from airchair warriors.

Quote:
Well, consider that he commented back to everyone else, but didn't respond on my post #193 (it may have a lower number after a moderator wades through the topic)...

Hint: He couldn't Google "CAR"...

What about all of those "insults" he said people were making about his service, when he belittled combat veterans himself?...
I think you'll find the other way around. Ask the OP, ask Army Chick, ask others. Who wouldn't say something after they have been discredited for everything....f-ed up knee and scars and all.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
It's mordida, but I had a low-brow comment the last time I corrected another poster on the term here...

Travel in Mexico is safe enough, even in northern Mexico, if you are smart about it. I've never had any mordida, traveling by plane, car, and bus. The first time I traveled by bus (the way Mexicans commonly get between cities in the north), a couple Federales boarded in the early morning south of Chihuahua. They had no problem with me, but rather the Mexican across the aisle that didn't wake up when the situation called for it.

Especially in the mentality that carrying a gun will make you safer. I've gone all over the world, and been able to see quite a bit. Watch the locals, and don't do anything stupid.

Luckily we didn't have the loose cannon I see here for situations like when I got my CAR, we didn't trust those with "headspace and timing issues" around us for the serious stuff. The ones that do the most talk the least. That is all.

My prayers to the Marine, but he should have followed the rules a little smarter...

Put him in CEFERESO Villa Aldama (where he should be anyway, for a federal weapons charge), even Jabin Bogan handled that fine...
BTW...That^ right there is your default. No military or law enforcement officer would dream of saying such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies