Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This is so true. I grew up in the military - this sneering, whining, expectation that the laws of other countries do not apply to them - this is not something I've seen before. The military and ex-military I know are very aware of gun laws.

I know no military or ex-military who behave in this manner.

I did know one ex-marine that was a total sissy in high school ~ that still likes to torture animals when he goes hunting.

The rest of them all have some modicum of sense - unlike most of these crazy a** posters or poseurs.
You don't think I or anyone else is aware of gun laws? I own more personal firearms than you have most likely seen in your life. It still wouldn't change making a mistake as you took the advice of Border Patrol. Your posts turn me off instantly.

It was a good try though. Thanks for s****ing on everyone in your attempts for three seconds fame.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I have an ex-marine as a neighbour and he is somewhat like yourself; he wears the insignia on a ball cap everywhere he goes so he'll here that "semper-fi" and he was a helicopter mechanic fer chrissake!

Jeez Louise! You think Marines are the only soldiers trained to kill? Sheeeit man; you really think big bucks spent on recruiting films showing bayonet drills that those guys are the only military killers out there?

Put a few of your Marines in the same patch of jungle as one those Gurkhas from WWII era and my money's on the Gurkha! AND from those days to this, they did not run around showing off their knives like a grade 5 drop out seeking an ego boost. They merely faded into the obscurity of history as arguably among the finest fighting men ever fielded. MOST of their battle service was performed behind enemy lines in both theaters during WWII.

You bring shame on your brethren with this public display of braggadocio. I only wish more of them were on these boards as I'm sure they'd tell you this as well.
Here's to your hogwash post. Recognize the attitude?

navy seals - mp5 and pistol - YouTube

Old 12-11-2012, 06:33 PM

Another one for Law Enforcement...... You guys are toast....give it up.

Wilson Combat CQB One Hand - YouTube

Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM

This one is for whoever said I'm a disgrace.

war face - YouTube

Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
You don't think I or anyone else is aware of gun laws? I own more personal firearms than you have most likely seen in your life. It still wouldn't change making a mistake as you took the advice of Border Patrol. Your posts turn me off instantly.

It was a good try though. Thanks for s****ing on everyone in your attempts for three seconds fame.
I'm sorry - I don't equate posting on CD for three seconds of fame.

You sound hysterical. Don't be so self-absorbed - not everything is about YOU.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
From the article he actualyl did what he though was the correct thing to do checked with border patrol and then when he got across said hey I got this gun and here's the paperwork they gave me to register it.
US border agents do not have or give out forms to help you clear Mexican customs. What is the form number of this (Mexican or US?) supposed form that allows Americans to take guns into Mexico? The big freaking signs before you cross the border say "WARNING - Illegal to carry Firearms/Ammunition into Mexico. Penalty - Prison" - and there is no asterisk saying "* unless you fill out a form and pay a fee". It's no different than showing up at the Mexican border with a pound of pot and a medical use permit from Oregon (or at JFK with Dutch license) - and then saying "OK, I'll just go back now" when caught or denied.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm sorry - I don't equate posting on CD for three seconds of fame.

You sound hysterical. Don't be so self-absorbed - not everything is about YOU.
It's not about me. It's about a fellow Marine chained to a bed in Mexico. I'll tell you, there are few in this thread who even understand why he did what he did. For one, he doesn't like to move about unarmed. I can see that perfectly...I don't and don't like to either. He asked for some advice...some advice that wasn't accurate. It may even been accurate...who knows with them down there. I didn't read through the book. Neither did any of you. The fact he's guilty without knowing all the details says it all to me.

I sure would want any of you to have my back in combat. I'd be wasted in seconds as you ran away fending for yourselves.

It's clear to see who has a problem with integrity and loyalty......

It isn't me......

Old 12-11-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
US border agents do not have or give out forms to help you clear Mexican customs. What is the form number of this (Mexican or US?) supposed form that allows Americans to take guns into Mexico? The big freaking signs before you cross the border say "WARNING - Illegal to carry Firearms/Ammunition into Mexico. Penalty - Prison" - and there is no asterisk saying "* unless you fill out a form and pay a fee". It's no different than showing up at the Mexican border with a pound of pot and a medical use permit from Oregon (or at JFK with Dutch license) - and then saying "OK, I'll just go back now" when caught or denied.
Wrong...dope is NOT legal in ALL States. That shotgun is in most.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM

Quote:
The fact he's guilty without knowing all the details says it all to me.
He has not been found guilty. His scheduled court date is January 17th.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Wrong...dope is NOT legal in ALL States. That shotgun is in most.
Not relevant. You can't come in to the US from a country that allows AK47s or pot and expect to pass through customs with either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies