Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Considering most of the gay posts on this forum (including this one) were started by rabid homophobes, that argument doesn't work. You guys have an obsession with gays, which is why you insist on participating and creating threads demonizing them.
You guys?

See how these so-called conversations go. I make one correction to a totally absurd statement, and now I'm one of "those guys"

I rarely post in these ridiculous sexual preference mud slinging threads. YOU are a fine example of why. I, unlike you, don't make my sexual preference the focus of my daily thoughts, and public posts.

However, I do have a valid aversion to having others (gay, straight or otherwise) shoved in my face.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:21 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You guys?

See how these so-called conversations go. I make one correction to a totally absurd statement, and now I'm one of "those guys"

I rarely post in these ridiculous sexual preference mud slinging threads.
... many of which, let us remember, are started by people who are anti-gay. So who's shoving what at whom here?

In the almost 5 months that I've been on C-D, I've started 81 threads, of which a grand total of three have had anything to do with gay rights.

(I'd mention my sexual orientation here, because it's quite relevant to this discussion, but apparently that would harm your delicate sensibilities. )

Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
And this is a testament to how successful the job of parenting/teaching has been. The youth are headed for an immoral abyss, and it's being propagandized as a positive trend.
Not propagandized.

It IS a positive trend.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:27 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
The truths hurts...Whether you want to admit it or not homosexuality is unnatural, immoral, and a detriment to society!!!

jeff Kuhner is correct!!!
Unnatural? No, not if you understand human biology & sexuality. Immoral? Only if you were raised in a way that judges morality based on something you cannot change (and which hurts no one in & of itself). Detriment to society? Puuuulease. If anyone is "destroying society," I would blame the straight community who now has a ~60% divorce rate. I mean, do you really think Britney Spears and Kim Kardashian have higher morals than any gay person, simply because they married (for like 2 days) people with opposite genitalia?

It's really quite simple - if you aren't gay, don't have a gay marriage! And how does encouraging monogamy and lifelong commitments pose a threat to anyone? I'd think if you were concerned about sexual morality, you'd be happy they now have the option to marry & commit to each other. Or are you delusional enough to think no gay marriage = no gay people?

Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
... many of which, let us remember, are started by people who are anti-gay. So who's shoving what at whom here?

In the almost 5 months that I've been on C-D, I've started 81 threads, of which a grand total of three have had anything to do with gay rights.

(I'd mention my sexual orientation here, because it's quite relevant to this discussion, but apparently that would harm your delicate sensibilities. )
Your credibility went winging out the window there sparky. You conveniently edited out "However, I do have a valid aversion to having others (gay, straight or otherwise) shoved in my face."

You can't even be honest when someone makes a neutral statement. It's pro-gay or the highway.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:33 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times
Quote:
Your credibility went winging out the window there sparky. You conveniently edited out "However, I do have a valid aversion to having others (gay, straight or otherwise) shoved in my face."

You can't even be honest when someone makes a neutral statement. It's pro-gay or the highway.
There's nothing neutral about your previous statement, "As soon as a person opens this joint GAY is shoved in our faces."

I'm just pointing out that is it generally not the gay people doing the shoving, that's all.

And if you do find threads about heterosexuality so objectionable, have you made this known in any of the forums devoted to relationships, marriage, or children? As soon as a person opens those joints STRAIGHT is shoved in our faces.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:34 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
It's pro-gay or the highway.
Best get used to it. Being anti-gay in the not too distant future is going to be about as popular and stigmatized as being anti-black. And, short of gawd almighty coming down out of the sky himself and announcing that he really, really meant it, there is no way that's going to change.

Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
This is total bull crap at its smelliest. first off you can find a so called expert on every side of every issue. There were many so called experts that said and some still do that interracial marriage was just as bad. Now most people except the most far right wing will not even touch this. In ten years people like the homophobic Mrxxx and Hawkeye will be put in the museum with the rest of the bigots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
There's nothing neutral about your previous statement, "As soon as a person opens this joint GAY is shoved in our faces."

I'm just pointing out that is it generally not the gay people doing the shoving, that's all.

And if you do find threads about heterosexuality so objectionable, have you made this known in any of the forums devoted to relationships, marriage, or children? As soon as a person opens those joints STRAIGHT is shoved in our faces.

Once again, you can't help but be dishonest. Did I project that GAY was being shoved in my face by JUST GAYS? You are the one that jumped to this conclusion.

And, yet again, for the third and last time: However, I do have a valid aversion to having others (gay, straight or otherwise) shoved in my face.

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Not all people are the same. We all have our own bits and pieces of what we call mutations. Everyone is a unique freak of sorts...everyone of us practices some sort of unnatural thing- everyone of us has a small if not large dose of immorality in our being.. As for longevity - people last longer when they are paired up...If a couple of homosexuals want to avoid the inert loneliness that comes with human existence...so be it - let them pair up - The only thing I object too is the promotion of same sex sexuality..there is no need to invite -encourage youth to fully except homosexuality as a way of life...let nature take it's course.

It is not the norm and will never be such. Also- sex in any form is a private matter...the publicity of sexuality is BS...what goes on in the bedroom is NO ONES BUSINESS....I don't want to know yours and there is no real need to know mine. Yes - homosexuality is un-natural...so what- so is the internet and trans fats.
By whom and how is homosexuality "encouraged or endorsed?" Either you are gay or you are not, and no amount of encouragement will change that fact. Are you a straight man? If so, could you "go gay" simply from a lesson about homosexuality and its existence in society? That's really all anyone is teaching, and just as teaching us the Nazis existed won't turn kids into Nazis (I hope!), including homosexuality in health or history lessons won't turn them gay either. I grew up in the Bay Area, surrounded by an open and proud gay community, with many friends & family friends who are/were gay - and yet I'm still straight, the last time I checked!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies