Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 AM

89,083 posts, read 44,906,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
1) How do you know that the corporations are passing their subsidy to the customer instead of just pocketing it as profit?
Who do you think owns corporations and therefore would be getting the profits? Who are the biggest institutional investors? Really think it through...

Quote:
You make inconsistent arguments. You are against giving money to poor people but are in favor of giving money to large corporations that already are making healthy profits.
Collecting no corporate tax is not "giving" money. It's letting corporations keep more of the money they earned. And, again, the owners get the profits. Who do you think the owners are? I'll give you a hint... union members LOVE them, DEMAND them, and even STRIKE for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM

397 posts, read 257,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Man you don't read. Welfare reform which was passed nearly 2 decades ago already has a work requirement.

You can only receive assistance for 5 years max.

So those issues were addressed nearly 2 decades ago. In fact, the number of households receiving welfare has shrunk a lot across the nation compared with before welfare reform.
So why then do you hear so much about entitlements?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 AM

3,407 posts, read 3,454,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Not really. Conservatives have a certain image when they talk of reform. Also they will not touch corporations. What about the tax penalty for companies like Walmart for having so many workers under paid that need assistance?
You are confusing republicans with conservatives. Real conservatives beleive in less goverment in our lives. Yes the tax penalty part was the only non conservative idea on OP list. I didnt read far enough before responding.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Blatant lie.
And quit calling yourself anything but a conservative.
You're not.
Why are you so hostile today? What was my blatant lie? Cant we discuss the problems of welfare inside our own party or are we to be taking over by the extremes like the GOP?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,302,818 times
Quote:
I never said they were the main customers of drug dealers but people get on and stay on these programs for a reason don't you think? Drugs definitely is one of those reasons. Dead beat dads are also a reason but laws exist to correct that part. Why not have laws for the drug part?
Again, anything at all but your opinion?
Doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,303,147 times
Quote:
So why then do you hear so much about entitlements?
Because conservatives are liars who are atttempting to confuse people.

When conservatives politicians talk about entitlements costing so much, they MEAN medicare, medicaid and social security are entitlement programs that cost so much.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Blatant lie.
And quit calling yourself anything but a conservative.
You're touting their lies.
You're not.

Why are you trolling?
This information is not secret, if you did a simple internet search, your entire premise would be debunked.
So the people on welfare are just majestic people who have no issues that cause problems? I would guess that you do not know people on assistance? If you do and all of them are just victims then your experience is much different from mine.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
This entire family is on SSDI. They have admitted that it was done on purpose to get assistance. "Playing crazy" as it is known by. They are not alone. I know people who do that exact same thing. I'm sure its cost millions in wasted money that could go to people who are actually by no fault of their own in need.
You know nothing about SSDI, apparently.
And, again, if you know criminals who are abusing the system and don't report them, you are a criminal.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Lol, again Tv isn't real. There is no way to confirm your claims.

Plus it is a terrible idea to construct government policy on a tv program or your anecdotal claims.

I am sure the SDDI program has a fraud number. You should call that number.

That doesn't mean that the whole program needs to be overhauled though. That makes no sense.
It needs to be much harder to get on this program. It is way to easy.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
We agree more often than not so calling me a troll is out of bounds. I know welfare destroys more than it helps and so do you.
Then show statistics for the 10th time you've been requested.
I don't agree with you at all, and I really don't care if you ever agree with me.
What does that have to do with anything.

I know nothing of the sort and don't you ever tell me what I do or do not believe.
I'm articulate and knowledgeable enough about the totpics I join in on.
I do my own thinking and typing.

I haven't posted much in the past 6 weeks, so if, as you say, we agree more than not, you're a recycled poster.
Perhaps we should guess who you were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies