Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 12:18 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,123,026 times

Advertisements

I don't see any act of racism by Caroline Wozniacki...

Caroline Wozniacki imitates Serena Williams by stuffing her bra and skirt: Funny or offensive? - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 12:22 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
me either

Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
You mean, here you go again.

But regarding the issue of race, I view Wozniacki's impersonation as being racist just incredibly stupid. either. I don't think that it is particularly bright to **** off a player like Serena williams especially considering that she's kicked your ass 5 matches to 1.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,652,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
What ever happened to imitation being the best form of flattery?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:31 PM

All she had to do was take steroids... it would have been much more accurate of a representation.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,305 times
Default A bit childish

I don't think it's racist per se, but it is childish like she's making fun of Serena Williams, but I guess Saturday Night Live, In Living Color, and a bunch of comedians have made fun of famous people and even not so famous people as well. Childish, but not racist, guess if you can't beat her be like her lol

Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,971,087 times
What's to be offended by?

Why do boob job docs get rich these days? Curves are a good thing. The flat look is, well, flat.
Why are there padded underwear and butt exercise videos these days? Curves are a good thing. The flat look is, well, flat.

Women and society at large embraces fake boobs and fake butts because everybody knows that voluptuous is womanly. Heck, a huge chunk of the storyline in the ABC hit comedy Modern Family is about the HOTDANG volutupuous Latin vixen. Voluptuous is womanly and sexy, and that's generally accepted reality today. So this Danish tennis player doing her little fake "baby got boobs, baby got back" dance is to me just more of that reality. The article says she got smiles and whistles. The smiles and whistles tell you what you need to know about this, not somebody trying to drum up some oversensitive sentiments after the fact to get stepped on so they can criticize. The guy doing the criticizing is just a hater who probably goes home to a flat chested, flat butt wife.

Old 12-12-2012, 12:50 PM

4,156 posts, read 4,177,644 times
Is "racism" a privilege for the people with black skin only? I serious don't see how is this "racism".

Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
What's to be offended by?

Why do boob job docs get rich these days? Curves are a good thing. The flat look is, well, flat.
Why are there padded underwear and butt exercise videos these days? Curves are a good thing. The flat look is, well, flat.

Women and society at large embraces fake boobs and fake butts because everybody knows that voluptuous is womanly. Heck, a huge chunk of the storyline in the ABC hit comedy Modern Family is about the HOTDANG volutupuous Latin vixen. Voluptuous is womanly and sexy, and that's generally accepted reality today. So this Danish tennis player doing her little fake "baby got boobs, baby got back" dance is to me just more of that reality. The article says she got smiles and whistles. The smiles and whistles tell you what you need to know about this, not somebody trying to drum up some oversensitive sentiments after the fact to get stepped on so they can criticize. The guy doing the criticizing is just a hater who probably goes home to a flat chested, flat butt wife.
Which is why I said she (Wozniacki) should have taken steroids.....

Nothing cute about looking like a man with breasts and a booty.....

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 12-12-2012 at 01:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2012, 01:02 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You mean, here you go again.

But regarding the issue of race, I view Wozniacki's impersonation as being racist just incredibly stupid. either. I don't think that it is particularly bright to **** off a player like Serena williams especially considering that she's kicked your ass 5 matches to 1.

I agree with this.

As a black woman, I don't find it racist I do find it odd that this is not the first time she has done this and that other players have done it according to the OP article.

Black female bodies have been ridiculed for decades around the world, even in shape, voluptuous, healthy women like Serena Williams. So it is sad to me that some of you find this sort of thing to be funny, especially adults since I expect more out of adults than children.

I also agree that Serena is one of the best tennis players in the world and this woman has no right to make fun of Serena considering Serena has trampled her in tennis along with the rest of the WTA field.

I am thinking Wozniacki was just doing this to try to hone in on some of Serena's tennis prowess, but considering this is not the first time she did it, I would think she is just childish and immature to continue caricaturing Serena Williams.

I also hope those of you complaining about racism realize that Serena Williams has not addressed this immature caricature of her from Wozniacki or others who have done it. I love both Serena and Venus especially because they seem much more mature and classy than a lot of media/sports figures and they rarely address situations such as these as racist and instead will respond in a mature, logical fashion when asked about these issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies