Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
ESPN commentator on RG3: “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really” | ProFootballTalk

Rob Parker may be an idiot...but at least he is an honest idiot.
So what are you saying? you agree with him?

Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL. I guess RG3 is not Black to him because he has a dad, is polite not out in the street bling, blinging trying to bag as many women as possible.
You have no proof of what he does on his personal time, don't stereotype due to what you see him do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
According to many African-Americans, speaking properly (RGIII), being engaged to a white (RGIII) and being a conservative (RGIII again) means you are a Sell Out Uncle Tom Oreo.
No proof as usual, stereotyping....

[quote=hawkeye2009;27335637]"Not really black"?

Why? Because the guy is very intelligent and well spoken?

Rob Parker is a idiot but he's speaking of the "black experience".

RG3 probably hasn't experience the hatred, racism and stereotyping that the majority of us face everyday, I get what ROB was saying but it was poorly worded. Him having a white finance in a sense helped his image a bit, if he had a black woman he probably wouldn't be as popular and seen as a "good kid" by many.

I think RG3 knows the struggle, he may not have direct relationships with it due to his upbringing but I'm sure he relates to it.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times
lmao. lebron and rg3 just ignore whitey asking for a handshake.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have plenty of anecdotal evidence. 36 years of being a black man who wasn't 'black enough' -- according to scores of blacks I've encountered throughout my life -- has been a great educator.
Pretty sad, isn't it?
Same here, only difference is 12 less years.

As a black man, I think it is disgusting that this sentiment exists in the black community. Can the black community be happy that one black man is not only very talented at a position that has been known to be mostly white but also has conducted himself with nothing but class and professionalism off the field, without attacking his lifestyle choices?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,309,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Where are all the black poster's comments about this? Me being a Jewish white boy, I dont' have much to say.

Then again, I thought some of you were men when you were women, some black when white, some white when black etc.

I try my best to conceal identity between us, but sometimes I go too far.

(I'm a crotchety, sarcastic Jewish white guy if you haven't figured that out by now).
I have dealt with those like parker questioning my Blackness in the past, as well as have many other Blacks. I'm sure this still occurs on a daily basis. Until the Rob Parkers and the like realize that we are NOT monolithic, this will continue to happen.

Rob Parker is an idiot and moron. People like him are laughable with their Blackness yardsticks. He can shove it up his A33, as well as others who do the same thing.

Sorry, but to even mention Parker and RG3 in the same sentence is a disgrace. RG3 out classes Parker by light years.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:40 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
So what are you saying? you agree with him?
Please, tell me how in the world you came to that conclusion.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
This is like one of those situations where you just roll your eyes and say whatever. Makes no sense in even arguing about this foolishness.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:27 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
From what I read RG3 spent a good part of his time growing up in the slums of New Orleans. Not black enough?

Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
ESPN commentator on RG3: “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really” | ProFootballTalk

Rob Parker may be an idiot...but at least he is an honest idiot.
I may have seen Rob Parker on ESPN - I don't remember him - there are so many commentators on ESPN. But I read the article, and my opinion - based solely on the article - is that there's a very good chance Mr. Parker is, in fact, an idiot.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:

RG3 probably hasn't experience the hatred, racism and stereotyping that the majority of us face everyday, I get what ROB was saying but it was poorly worded.
That the "majority of us face everyday" ... everyday? Really? Every single day, huh? The insinuation you make here is that most white people are racists ... otherwise, how could this "everyday experience" occur? As a white person I find your attitude offensive, but not so much that I would allow it to bother me for more than a few seconds. Brother, the truth is, a person will find whatever it is they expect to find ... because they will make sure they find it.

Honestly, I think that RG3 probably rejects this type of divisive nonsense, which itself is just another form of racism. What else can you call someone who looks for and finds racism everywhere they look, and behind every challenge they face in life? That is the purest definition of a racist. And the credit for this more enlightened view of the world probably does go to his parents and how they brought him up not to think like that.

Now this may offend some people, and that's OK ... it cannot be helped because you cannot avoid offending some people .... but this divisiveness and racism you're displaying in your attitude is a self fulfilling thing. You walk around with a racist chip on your shoulder and I can assure you you'll find someone willing to metaphorically knock it off. Most people don't understand that they give off a vibration like a freaking radio transmitter ... it's true, it really is. Without thinking about it, everyone has experienced this from others, but they never ask themselves, what am I projecting? You have, just like the rest of us, experienced those people in life that you just cannot tolerate for more than 5 minutes. Those "downers" who are unhappy and want everyone else to be unhappy with them. (as they say, misery loves company). By the same token, we've all experienced those people that you always want at the party .. good "vibes" as they say. Well, it's not a metaphor ... it's real. You do give off vibes. And you attract to you the exact same vibrations that you project ... like a magnet. So if you're really experiencing racism "everyday" ... I'd do a little self check ... because nobody is that "unlucky".

And here's the unvarnished, politically incorrect truth ... this racial barrier you seem to experience everyday is absolutely constructed by you and those of the majority within the black community who believe and live as you seem to do. Nobody is more preoccupied with "being black" than black people. You aren't Americans like us ... you have to be African-Americans ... why? Do you think someone won't notice that you are black if you don't refer to yourself as an African-American? Seems to me you've already claimed that people do notice ... everyday. And why do you suppose it's so rare for a black man to be named "Robert" (Bob), compared to Javon, Lavon, LaRon, Devon, ... you might even ask yourself why the hell is there a library of African-American first names??? Browse African American First Names - FamilyEducation.com. Oh .. maybe cuz Robert just sounds too white ... ewe!!

I can only imagine the blood curdling screams of racism should there be a baby name directory that said "White Baby Names for Caucasian-Europeans". Or even one "National Association for White (fill in the blank) to go along with the HUNDREDS of National Association of Black (fill in the blank).

The separation you see is the separation you've created, my brother.

Quote:
Him having a white finance in a sense helped his image a bit, if he had a black woman he probably wouldn't be as popular and seen as a "good kid" by many.

I think RG3 knows the struggle, he may not have direct relationships with it due to his upbringing but I'm sure he relates to it.
So, RG3 owes his popularity and his great image to having a white girlfriend? UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE man!!! I think RG3 would find this comment rather infuriating.

Talk about people sticking their foot in their mouths. You've got both feet in yours, and now you're tap dancing on your tongue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies