Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 05:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah.......he's just an idiot. Shouldn't even have a job.

Stephen A - whom I do know - handed Parker his butt in the argument. Blackness is not something that can be quantified, and there are no accepted criteria - except that you've gotta be black.
Well we agree on this at least although I don't like firing people over opinions. I need to watch the clip but it sounds like Stephen A handled this idiot well.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:27 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
Must have been a slow news day. Somebody at ESPN had to come up with a wacky opinion so that everybody at the four letter network would have grist for the mill.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:02 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,506,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I agree with Stephen A. Smith.

After seeing this on First Take, I just can't help but feel this was scripted. It's the natural skeptic in me. I can't believe a 48 year old man would stick his neck out like that on public television.
Nah, Rob Parker's a fool still trying earn some scratch in the industry by being a sensationalist "journalist". He desperately wants to be the black Skip Bayless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
According to many African-Americans, speaking properly (RGIII), being engaged to a white (RGIII) and being a conservative (RGIII again) means you are a Sell Out Uncle Tom Oreo.
Hmmm...I'd love to see some evidence that proves that "many" actually believe this foolishness.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,905,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Nah, Rob Parker's a fool still trying earn some scratch in the industry by being a sensationalist "journalist". He desperately wants to be the black Skip Bayless.

Hmmm...I'd love to see some evidence that proves that "many" actually believe this foolishness.
I have plenty of anecdotal evidence. 36 years of being a black man who wasn't 'black enough' -- according to scores of blacks I've encountered throughout my life -- has been a great educator.
Pretty sad, isn't it?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
ESPN commentator on RG3: “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really” | ProFootballTalk

Rob Parker may be an idiot...but at least he is an honest idiot.

"Not really black"?

Why? Because the guy is very intelligent and well spoken?

We are big RG III fans in our house, as the guy is an example of what sports figures SHOULD BE. I just hope, as a running quarterback, he can take the beating he is getting in the NFL. There is a good reason that there is not a plethora of running quarterbacks in the NFL.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:40 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
This guy should be fired, but hasnt been.....yet. They sure are quick to fire white men when they something controversial. Rush Limbaugh was fired quickly for saying something true, and not racist, but the left spoke out loudly and quickly and ESPN didnt have issue firing Rush fast.

This comment was indeed racist, but some of what he said is shared by some on the left. Black people who dare not "fall in line" and think and act and talk like other blacks or people on the left, get talked about and treated as if they are some sort of betrayer to their race. No excuse not to fire this clown.

The guy who said this was fired once before for saying idiotic things when he worked at some Detroit new outlet. He has a history.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
This guy should be fired, but hasnt been.....yet. They sure are quick to fire white men when they something controversial. Rush Limbaugh was fired quickly for saying something true, and not racist, but the left spoke out loudly and quickly and ESPN didnt have issue firing Rush fast.

This comment was indeed racist, but some of what he said is shared by some on the left. Black people who dare not "fall in line" and think and act and talk like other blacks or people on the left, get talked about and treated as if they are some sort of betrayer to their race. No excuse not to fire this clown.

The guy who said this was fired once before for saying idiotic things when he worked at some Detroit new outlet. He has a history.
Why should he be fired? It's his opinion folks can challenge it if they like. I don't understand when offering a controversial opinion in the public sphere became a dismissable offense.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
I have plenty of anecdotal evidence. 36 years of being a black man who wasn't 'black enough' -- according to scores of blacks I've encountered throughout my life -- has been a great educator.
Pretty sad, isn't it?
I'm not sure Frozenyo is Black he may be one of those sanctimonous white liberals who go around presuming what Blacks should think on this or that issue.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

I don't consider what Parker said to be racist - but it certainly was idiotic. Should he be fired? He should never have been hired.

But what Limbaugh said was not necessarily true, and definitely was racist. And I'm glad he got shytcanned for it.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't consider what Parker said to be racist - but it certainly was idiotic. Should he be fired? He should never have been hired.

But what Limbaugh said was not necessarily true, and definitely was racist. And I'm glad he got shytcanned for it.

Saying that the media was promoting McNabb because of his race and they wanted a black QB to be seen as successful is racist? It wasnt racist and in fact it was true if you remember how McNabb was talked about by media back at that time. McNabb was an over rated QB and was propped up by the press.

If you think that was racist yet what this guy saying RG3 is a cornball black man (whatever that means) and basically saying he isnt a real black man down with rest isnt racist? Making a big deal out of him daring to be possibly republican and with a white woman.... It isnt even close. If either comments were racist, it certainly wasnt Rush's comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies