Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
I wasn't arguing that they do. You implied that gun laws CAUSE school shootings. I was arguing against that statement.
I'm pretty sure the fact that the States with the strictest laws have the highest gun crime proves my assertion.

At best its a crazy coincidence.

I just wonder how many school shootings would happen if school faculty and staff was armed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post

I don't think guns make people safer, but taking them away and doing nothing else doesn't either.
May want to Google gun self defense. You'd be surprised how much safer they make you.

But blaming guns is like blaming cars for DUIs or forms for Obesity...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:50 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Exactly. Disarming law abiding citizens won't stop criminals and mentally ill people.

Makes no sense.

Tap'n while driving...
I wonder how many of those children would be alive today if the teachers were armed? Maybe we need to start issuing service revolvers to teachers.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I was teaching in the inner city in Chicago in 1990. None of our teachers had guns.
It used to be common for both students (high school that is) and teachers here to have their hunting guns in their vehicles.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I'm pretty sure the fact that the States with the strictest laws have the highest gun crime proves my assertion.

At best its a crazy coincidence.

I just wonder how many school shootings would happen if school faculty and staff was armed.

May want to Google gun self defense. You'd be surprised how much safer they make you.

But being guns is like blaming cars for DUIs or forms for Obesity...
We posted the same thing at the same time. The first thing that crossed my mind is how many of those children could have been saved if there had been someone armed in the building.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:53 PM

408 posts, read 607,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I wonder how many of those children would be alive today if the teachers were armed? Maybe we need to start issuing service revolvers to teachers.
When I read statements such as yours, America's problems become oh so clear.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:53 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munna21977 View Post
According to Fox News, both father and brother of killer Adam Lanza are alive. Adam killed his mother and then went to school carrying his mother's guns. His mother is found dead in their house. Then how did he enter the school and why did he go to school???
He's the son of an employee, that's how.

You live in Texas. Isn't easy for a relative to say something like, "My mom forget her paperwork, let me go get it."

It's that easy here in Houston.

Probably not for much longer, though.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Even if a teacher only saved one child it would be worth it no???

If 10 teachers died in a shootout with the gunmen and the gunmen died and got only 5 children it would be better no?

If one child died and a teacher got the drop on the gunman it would be better no?

I think it would be. Better than what happened anyways.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:55 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
I don't want you or any other teacher in my kid's class with a gun.

What's to stop a teacher from snapping one day and using it on the class in the heat of the moment?

The answer to this is god knows what, but more friggin guns isn't it.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

What's to stop a teacher from snapping one day and using it on the class in the heat of the moment?

Then home school your kid. You have a choice.

What you don't get is to control others.

The more this happens the more gun laws will be relaxed for law abiding citizens.

What's to stop a teacher from snapping?

What's to stop a guy from snapping and killing 20 kids??? Oh right, nothing. :banghead:

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-14-2012 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

If you have anger issues that bad, you should not be a teacher in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies