Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 03:16 AM

44 posts, read 210,830 times

Advertisements

I just do not understand why the media always portrays young black men that has the criminal mind, when young white men constantly do the most heinous crimes for some of the most ridiculous reasons (lost a girlfriend, failed a test) three in one week, same profile. Yet watch out for the black guy across the street he is up to no good. I see reports saying it was easy access to guns and mental illness. In the worst inner city neighborhood black men have guns and probably have had a much more difficult life than any of the mass white male shooters. Why is it that they don't go to movie theaters or schools shooting people when things dont go their way?

People in the barber shops, and in most african american communities talk about it all the time. Yet the mainstream white media wants to tell us that it was mental illness and guns. If a black person did exactly what this white man did in Newton, I am certain there would be racist comments, and people saying it is in our nature to be bad. Well history tells us that black men are not really the bad seeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 03:33 AM

71 posts, read 79,755 times
i understand much of what your saying. you will also hear a black person or a dominican or mexican etc...... Adam is Italian and you don't hear it being dragged in the media that he is Italian.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times
the media tends to distort the truth ..but most people do base their knowledge on what they hear and see in the media...

Old 12-16-2012, 04:32 AM

195 posts, read 427,350 times
Black people deal with problems different. Most likely a disturbed black person take their vengeance on people they know or target a particular persons and sometimes people who are not intended for the raft get caught in cross fire. Some whites just go off and kill everybody in sight. They deal with pressure and problems different.

Old 12-16-2012, 04:34 AM

645 posts, read 1,276,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
I just do not understand why the media always portrays young black men that has the criminal mind, when young white men constantly do the most heinous crimes for some of the most ridiculous reasons
I think that you may just have a good forgetter, you're only concentrating on the most recent American media coverage, or you're just not privy to all the details around the world.

According to Wiki, "rampage killers" happen all over the globe regardless of race, religion, or economic status.

List of rampage killers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,
bolillo_loco

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
True. And so are there gangs and thugs worldwide. But I believe the OP is addressing a racially biased situation that is unique to our American vantage point. And I'm sure someone will come along asking why does race have to enter this picture. Because unlike white on white crime stories, it is not black people, but the media and like minded CD users who always see fit to inject race into the picture. People of color don't wish to be associated with the existence of crime in this country any more than suburban white people do.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,331,150 times
Most pedophiles are white too..instead of getting all bent out of shape about race, we should be able to act as adults and discuss it properly..but I doubt that can ever happen. Evolution skipped something along the way...
Dutroux is a white Belgian peadophile who kept little girls in his cellar...Belgians were mostly shocked when he was caught because he was here among us...This doesn't happen here!!! Yeah sure!! Every country has horrendous crimes in its history. Now with the internet so many more become known to the outside world.
If you look up the origin of the word "thug", ..it's not from rap culture

Old 12-16-2012, 05:58 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,894 times
I'm glad DipGrant brought it up, because I was thinking the same thing. But this is probably not the right forum for this.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 AM

993 posts, read 1,561,689 times
Yes, this most definitely is a problem in this country. I agree with the OP.

But can you imagine if people had the same biases toward this demographic as they do towards black people? Every young white guy from average to high income families, with at least a high school diploma, and with only a few friends, and who says or does something odd every now and then would be feared by the public and constantly under suspicion.

As things are now we're just made to fear the mentally ill, which I think is equally wrong and irresponsible.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:32 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipGrant View Post
I just do not understand why the media always portrays young black men that has the criminal mind, when young white men constantly do the most heinous crimes for some of the most ridiculous reasons (lost a girlfriend, failed a test) three in one week, same profile. Yet watch out for the black guy across the street he is up to no good. I see reports saying it was easy access to guns and mental illness. In the worst inner city neighborhood black men have guns and probably have had a much more difficult life than any of the mass white male shooters. Why is it that they don't go to movie theaters or schools shooting people when things dont go their way?

People in the barber shops, and in most african american communities talk about it all the time. Yet the mainstream white media wants to tell us that it was mental illness and guns. If a black person did exactly what this white man did in Newton, I am certain there would be racist comments, and people saying it is in our nature to be bad. Well history tells us that black men are not really the bad seeds.
Really dipgrant...really? You are gonna bring this up at this time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies