Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 01:44 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I can take a loaded firearm, put it on a table during a party. unless someone takes the action of picking it up and pulling the trigger, it will never shoot a bullet out of the muzzle.
These anti-gun zealots simply can't comprehend the logical mechanics of murder. If a person kills another person with a gun, it's the guns fault? DOH!

I don't think there is a single case of an unmanned gun killing someone. Maybe we should have "gun crossing" or "brake for guns" signs on the roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post

Better stock up rednecks, because we're coming for the guns.
You'll need a couple of Supreme Court appointments first. Try to do it through unilateral "Executive Order" and you'll discover that our military is sworn to defend the Constitution, not executive orders.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Watching Obama speak at the memorial service, right now.

It is clear. This has finally been the tipping point.

I'd expect at the most some new restrictions on some certain types of weapons and probably increased security checks when buying guns,and increased penalties for breaking any gun laws,in general more rules and regulations.
I very much doubt Obama is coming for your guns.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'd expect at the most some new restrictions on some certain types of weapons and probably increased security checks when buying guns,and increased penalties for breaking any gun laws,in general more rules and regulations.
I very much doubt Obama is coming for your guns.

try reading up on feinstein. you should see what she wants banned.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
try reading up on feinstein. you should see what she wants banned.
I'm sure there are many who would advocate banning all guns but in a country with hundreds of millions of guns and tens of millions of gun owners,a constitution that entrenches the right to bear arms and many gun owners claiming they'll fight to the death for the right to own their guns its unrealistic to think in terms of banning all guns it just aint gonna happen.but government cant be seen to be doing just nothing so expect more rules and regulations,most of which i doubt would prevent a motivated shooter from committing similar mass murders in the future.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:18 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,036,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why don't they ever talk about banning violent entertainment? Guess that goes against free speech but we also have the right to bear arms so let's think about banning some free speech when it contains violence.
These kids didn't die because of free speech. They died because of a gun nut mother, who let her mentally unstable son get hold of her semi-automatic assault rifle and other guns.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:32 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,036,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
FIRST, they were not murdered by assault weapons, so your facts are already confused.
Really? I guess you know more about it, then the Medical Examiner who performed the autopsies.

The shooter used an assault rifle as the primary weapon, Dr Carver said. In the seven autopsies which he performed, the number of gunshot wounds per person ranged from 3 to 11, he said.

Medical Examiner Discusses His Findings In School Shooting Deaths | The Newtown Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Simple minds believe that banning guns will somehow make these acts of terror disappear, like magic.
It worked like a charm in Australia.

Did gun control work in Australia?

Last edited by KaaBoom; 12-17-2012 at 02:46 AM..

Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Watching Obama speak at the memorial service, right now.

It is clear. This has finally been the tipping point.

What's this we're sh*t willis? Obama can bypass the congress? Tell us how? will it be a EO?

Old 12-17-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Really? I guess you know more about it, then the Medical Examiner who performed the autopsies.

The shooter used an assault rifle as the primary weapon, Dr Carver said. In the seven autopsies which he performed, the number of gunshot wounds per person ranged from 3 to 11, he said.

Medical Examiner Discusses His Findings In School Shooting Deaths | The Newtown Bee
The shooter used a semi-automatic carbine which is not an assault rifle. An assault rifle is full automatic, not semi. A black finish and a pistol grip does not make a weapon an assault rifle.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
What's this we're sh*t willis? Obama can bypass the congress? Tell us how? will it be a EO?
It would not surprise me if he tries it. No one has called him on any of his un-constitutional executive orders yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies