Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
In light of all the knee-jerk idiocy taking place in discussion forums such as this one and in the halls of Congress, and in anticipation of what will almost certainly follow, I went shopping yesterday.

Bought myself a Saiga 12 semi-automatic shotgun. It's a 12 gauge built on the AK platform:

I also bought an Arsenal AK-47 with a milled receiver (very nice gun):

And a Daniel Defense M4V5 AR-15:

Thanks to all the dumb-clucks (many of which post in this forum) pushing for useless new do-nothing feel-good legislation, I stand to make a pretty penny when I sell these in a few years. I'll be keeping the AR, though. I've been kicking around getting one for a while, so all the idiotic jabbering online, Diane Feinstein's vow to introduce more bad legislation and Obama's desire "to come together and take meaningful action" was the deciding factor. I fully expect another bad law that will have no effect on anybody or anything other than law abiding citizens to be passed, and this time, there won't be a sunset provision.

So thanks to the dummies out there that have no knowledge about guns whatsoever - that includes both citizens and politicians - I'm going to have fewer options available when I want to add another firearm to the collection, but at least I stand to make a few bucks over it. And if I'm wrong, and no new laws are passed (highly unlikely), the safe queens will still be worth nearly as much as I paid for them - and maybe more (the AK is a discontinued model but highly sought after).
The gun corporations are dancing in glee...they put fear into some people and the puppets run right out and do as they were programmed to do, Good Boy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
That is great for you.

Meanwhile, the rest of us adults are going to put our heads together and figure out how to stop dozens of kids from being slaughtered every few months in schools by angry and deranged gun nuts. We don't expect you to be part of the solution.
Will any of you suggest arming some, or all, of the teachers so crazies won't take a chance in doing what you are so excited about now? Do you really think all those teachers and kids would be dead now if the teachers had been able to shoot at him instead of having to lunge at him, as the media tells the story? Give some thought to the fact that my way would have stopped him.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
No he's good to buy them. Something is going to happen. However we'll make laws that will make it very problematic for him to shoot them at ranges, transport them etc. Basically they'll be nothing more than museum pieces when we're done eradicating these killing machines in the public sphere.
You keep saying we as if you are ready to admit that the left has politicized those killings the other day and are ready to use them to take advantage of the situation. Is that what you mean?

Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Obama has been the gun dealers best friend.
Maybe, but not for me. I've added other guns to the collection since he was first elected, but those purchases had nothing to do with him. And really, these don't, either.

These purchases were spurred by all the frantic calls to "do something" by all the people who don't know anything about guns and are scared to death of them. When that happens, politicians are more than happy to "not let a good crisis go to waste," and will take advantage of peoples' naivety and emotional state to push through bad legislation that serves not their constituents, but their own political agenda.

These were speculative purchases, as I stated in the OP, with the expectation of a substantial return in just a few years. If any kind of federal ban happens, these guns will be on the list, and the return on this investment will beat the stock market by a mile - guaranteed.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Are you intentionally saying such idiotic things, or can you just not help yourself?

I'm not even going to dignify your unbelievably dumb statement with a rebuttal. Do you debate this dishonestly with your friends and family, too? Unreal.
What is idiotic is bragging about your guns you just bought in light of recent events. That is unreal and disappointing. As for my comment, I was simply making a statement that our teachers need to be in charge of teaching, not policing, that is something that should be left to the police. I am fine with having an armed, trained guard at each of our schools.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Lucky for you. I've been robbed on the street, I've had my home broken into, and I've had vehicles stolen, vandalized and burglarized. Must be nice to lead such a charmed life as yours.
Apparently I know the difference between good areas to live and walk than you do. So yes, I must live a charmed life. I have had my car broken into once, but I was no where near my vehicle at the time of it, so my life wasn't in danger only my car window was.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
The gun corporations are dancing in glee...they put fear into some people and the puppets run right out and do as they were programmed to do, Good Boy!
Yet another one that can't read.

Read my last post. The salient points are outlined in the OP, but I was much more clear in the last one. Maybe you'll be able to grasp the concept better if you're not distracted by all the pictures.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
School faculty member? Check.
Gun on campus? Check.
Murderous rampage stopped? Check.

What is it that you're missing here? If he'd had the weapon on his person, maybe even more lives could have been saved.
The gun was in a locked car not in the school? Check. You missed one check.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You know cops get killed right? Armed police officers, that's right. BAM. Shot, killed, just like the unarmed innocents. It's pointless to argue this, an armed guard at every school isn't going to stop insane people and would only be helpful if the guard was EXACTLY WHERE trouble happened to be when it started. And when something else happens there will be a call for, what? MORE armed guards not just in schools but patroling the streets? You know it would never end. At least you would if you thought about it logically. Illogical though is how we got the TSA and you are basically saying lets expand it to EVERYWHERE (starting with schools but....)
So what? arm all the teachers? arm all the students? Should the police not carry guns at all seeing they are gonna get killed all the time with or without their gun? I am fine with the idea of having an armed guard in each of our schools, anything more would be too much. Teachers should be in our schools to teach, not police.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What is idiotic is bragging about your guns you just bought in light of recent events.
You already said that, and I already responded. Don't waste everyone's time by repeating yourself when all you're trying to do is make someone look bad.

Quote:
As for my comment, I was simply making a statement that our teachers need to be in charge of teaching, not policing
No, that's not the statement you made. What you said was:
Quote:
Well under that logic, giving guns to teachers makes them targets, so then we should give a gun to every child in the school cause that makes sense based off this kind of logic.
That's quite different than saying "teachers should be teaching, not policing." QUITE different.

Again, I have to ask, do you debate this dishonestly with everyone? It's really quite embarrassing that you're so blatant and obvious about it. I almost feel bad pointing it out. Almost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies