Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Where did anyone say that Sandy Hook Teachers are overpaid? I'd like a link to that post. Or are you just trolling?
Trolling! Trying to dilute the obvious facts that:

1. most violent crime takes place in cities;

2. cities are heavily populated by liberals; and,

3. therefore, liberals are violent, dangerous people.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
What an incredibly insensitive post....

This teacher died and you won't need to worry about how much money she made anymore...

Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
teachers should be dealt with fairly in terms of compensation and benefits.
They are. The problem is they want over and beyond what anyone else gets.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:31 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Where did the OP make that accusation, it's certainly not in the thread title. I'm still waiting for the quote.

To answer the OP, it depends on the teachers and how much they are getting paid. My understanding is that the school district for Sandy Hook school is very good, but I also understand that it's a very affluent town. So is it that they have good teachers or is it that the students come from households that promote education? One thing is obvious, at least 6 of the teachers/administrators performed outstanding on Friday.
Actually, it is the thread title. When you put quotation marks around a statement, by definition it means that you are quoting something that someone has said. When you add in the following statement from the OP, the first post in this thread along with the thread title implies that conservatives have said that Sandy Hook teachers have been specifically targeted by conservatives as being overpaid.

Quote:
(I think they are underpaid, given all the work and risks they face. Teachers should be given medals as heroes rather than vilified. But the conservatives disagree. So let's hear it from the conservatives here.)
Sorry your grammar skills aren't keen enough to realize what the OP was doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies