Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times

Advertisements

They probably did it for the publicity which they are certainly getting.
Changing the nativity scene is intentional and they probably wanted to make a statement to the world.

Let them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:18 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Then according to your argument GOD created murderers, thieves,..etc...

<gobbeldy **** snipped>
LOL

no, that's not MY argument. I have no need to believe in any god.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Why does the OP give a damn about gays in Colombia?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,059 times
Quote:
LOL

no, that's not MY argument. I have no need to believe in any god.
Good luck to you...

Old 12-19-2012, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Evidence for The Resurrection

Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus
All the evidence for the resurrection of Jesus is based upon the assumption that the Bible is an accurate historical record.

I reject that initial assumption.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Good luck to you...
You're the one that needs luck...an infinity of it.

Betting on infinity - YouTube

Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
Totally disagree with #3... Think about it..lets say if we all woke up and realized we were all homosexuals..we would end as a species...its not normal..

I'm not surprised. You are confusing SEXUALITY with LIFESTYLE. One is chosen, one is not.

If you cannot understand that very basic premise, then you have no business having these discussions. I would suggest getting a bit more education on the subject, and then coming back to us.

You are presumably straight. What sort of "lifestyle" does that entail?

Do young college kids, sleeping around every weekend, enjoy the straight lifestyle? Is this the same straight lifestyle a celibate priest has? Or what about a perpetual bachelor, is he living the straight lifestyle? What about an old woman, never been married, has no boyfriend... she's straight.... is she living the straight LIFESTYLE?

A celibate gay priest and a celibate straight priest have THE SAME LIFESTYLE. A swinging gay couple and a swinging straight couple have THE SAME LIFESTYLE.

A married monogamous gay couple having sex 2x a week has the same lifestyle as their married straight monogamous neighbors having sex 2x a week.

A gay couple raising three kids has the same lifestyle as a straight couple raising three kids.

Get it yet?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,122,059 times
Quote:
You're the one that needs luck...an infinity of it.
If there is no GOD...Then there's no Moral Absolutes!!! Anything goes...Right!!!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:27 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Quote:
Evidence for The Resurrection

Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus
There is no evidence. There are writings of people.

Give me one verifiable piece of evidence that there was a resurrection.

You can't because there is none.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:28 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,574,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Really?

Homosexual behaviour widespread in animals according to new study - Telegraph

Homosexual behaviour is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom. In the latest study the authors claim the phenomenon is not only widespread but part of a necessary biological adaptation for the survival of the species.

They found that on the Hawaiian island of Oahu, almost a third of the Laysan albatross population is raised by pairs of two females because of the shortage of males. Through these 'lesbian' unions, Laysan albatross are flourishing. Their existence had been dwindling before the adaptation was noticed.

I wish you people would just admit you don't care about evidence or facts, you only care about demonizing people you don't understand.
There is NO SUCH a thing as a homosexual animal. The idea is absurd and really stupid.

If such an idiot idea is true then my cat is a murderer and a thief.

I have seen some really stupid arguments in my life but NONE can touch the absolute stupidity of this one.

If you can rationalize any human behavour because of what is done in the animal world then how about this one. It's fine for me to kill all of my rivals, murder all of his children and maybe eat them too. I will then take all my rival's mates as my own and produce offspring with them. It must be OK for me to do those things because after all that's how lion society works.

Like I already said, trying to rationalize anything people do by drawing parallels with the animal kingdom is beyond stupid!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies