Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 01:27 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
May be you should missed a thread entirely on THAT subject. You may look here.

Now, tell me, why are you trying to avoid a conversation on these words as it pertains to the second amendment: "A Well Regulated Militia".

And if you it wasn't deliberate, perhaps next time you post, there will be an explanation of your take on the subject. I look forward to it.
I am not avoiding that part of the ammendment. The OP subject "Right or privilege to bear arms? and that is what I have directly addressed as to why I believe it is a right. However, I will address your point on the next message I write. Take care.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I am not avoiding that part of the ammendment. The OP subject "Right or privilege to bear arms? and that is what I have directly addressed as to why I believe it is a right. However, I will address your point on the next message I write. Take care.
I certainly hope you will do that with your next response.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:04 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times
Quote:
I certainly hope you will do that with your next response.
Waaait a minute! In the rush between things I remember something. I go back to what I asked before. You kept asking questions without directly expressing your point. The OP is if to bear arms is a privilege or a right. I have addressed that point directly. Now you have not addressed anything. YOU tell me if it is a right of privilege. If by doing so you use the first part of the ammendment, go for it. I have no problem with it. You state your claim first, don't keep asking leading questions. I will address your points once you put them on the table. Take care.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Waaait a minute! In the rush between things I remember something. I go back to what I asked before. You kept asking questions without directly expressing your point. The OP is if to bear arms is a privilege or a right. I have addressed that point directly. Now you have not addressed anything. YOU tell me if it is a right of privilege. If by doing so you use the first part of the ammendment, go for it. I have no problem with it. You state your claim first, don't keep asking leading questions. I will address your points once you put them on the table. Take care.
I expected you to avoid the conversation. If you want to discuss it as a right owing to second amendment, use the entirety of the second amendment, not selective parts of it.

That said, it is impossible to say whether it is a right or a privilege. They say it is a right, but at the same time, is it a right like a right to life? Or, a right to free speech where your speech may be regulated via many means, and can cost you? We know they say free speech. But, is it free? Is it a right? Or, is it a privilege?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
What is the meaning of the second amendment?

Since the people are the militia, that each individual has the right to own a weapon capable of defending this nation at moments call. A single shot isn't going to cut it.
Unless they have been convicted of murder or theft, by a jury of their peers.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I expected you to avoid the conversation. If you want to discuss it as a right owing to second amendment, use the entirety of the second amendment, not selective parts of it.

That said, it is impossible to say whether it is a right or a privilege. They say it is a right, but at the same time, is it a right like a right to life? Or, a right to free speech where your speech may be regulated via many means, and can cost you? We know they say free speech. But, is it free? Is it a right? Or, is it a privilege?

When your rights are taken and then given back as a privilege, for a fee, you live under the kings control.

Why did they have open carry for 120 years after the signing of the Constitution.(some still have it)
No one change the Amendment.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Since the people are the militia, that each individual has the right to own a weapon capable of defending this nation at moments call. A single shot isn't going to cut it.
Unless they have been convicted of murder or theft, by a jury of their peers.
Are they? Militia is people, but people is not militia.

But, that is not the point of contention. Inclusion of such inconveniences to y'all, "well regulated militia", is.

Quote:
When your rights are taken and then given back as a privilege, for a fee, you live under the kings control.
Social acceptance, not fee, is the existing problem. There are limits put on your "free speech" too. No?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Are they? Militia is people, but people is not militia.

But, that is not the point of contention. Inclusion of such inconveniences to y'all, "well regulated militia", is.
Regulated as in organized with leadership.
We were not to have a full time standing army. It was to be voluntary as needed when our nation was attacked.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Regulated as in organized with leadership.
Or, via a (regulatory) body.

PS. To address your edit:
Quote:
We were not to have a full time standing army. It was to be voluntary as needed when our nation was attacked.
Correct.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:02 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
If it is a privilege granted by government to bear arms, or type of arms, then it is in the power of government to ERADICATE that privilege.

If it is a right that existed BEFORE government, which was instituted to SECURE RIGHTS, then government has no delegated power to ERADICATE, REGULATE, RESTRICT or INFRINGE that right.

Can't have it both ways.

Either it's a RIGHT secured, or it is a PRIVILEGE denied.

IT IS A RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. AND IT SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. It is the Constitution and anyone that wants ANY gun control or other type weapons restriction is violating or wanting to violate that right and at that moment should be removed with force from office and jailed. The only reason they are not removed is all the cowards that agree with their scumbag ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies