Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,593,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
No, locking your guns prevents their use. A locked gun is a hazard if someone surprises you. Again, there is no regulation of cars on private property there cannot be any regulation of guns on private property including locks.

Now when you want to take it off private property, it's subject to regulation like automobiles. Perhaps some licenses etc.
And I am sure the killer of the 20 children appreciated his mother not locking her guns up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 03:15 PM

57,424 posts, read 26,328,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
They weren't purchased via a "loophole," they were purchased from a guy who BROKE THE LAW to sell to these kids. That's a crime, not a loophole.
He didn't sell them out of his trunk, he had a table at a gun show that was not regulated. Yes he broke the law, what is the point of having a law with no enforcement.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:16 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,677,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And I am sure the killer of the 20 children appreciated his mother not locking her guns up.
Do we know if they were locked or not? I hadn't heard anything about that. I don't think we have any idea (yet) what went on in that house.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:17 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,066,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are we going to legislate based on what some random psycho did? Then you will have lots of frivolous and stupid legislation.

You can't baby proof this world. People will get murdered.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,663,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Do we know if they were locked or not? I hadn't heard anything about that. I don't think we have any idea (yet) what went on in that house.
Agreed.

And even if they were locked up, he probably had easy access to a key. After all she had trained both her sons in gun shooting and took them to shooting ranges---it's unlikely she prevented Adam's access to guns.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Yep, that will get rid of the problem. Because no one ever kills any one else with any weapon other than a gun, right? Eliminate the guns and we'll have a peaceful society with no violence. Crazy people unable to find a gun will just sigh wistfully, wishing for the old days when the only weapon capable of causing harm or death, a gun, wasn't illegal, and give up the idea of killing people. They won't pick up a knife, or a gallon of gasoline, or the keys to their car, because they'll have no idea that those can be, and have been repeatedly in the past, deadly weapons.
Your point is: they will kill us anyway so lets let them have the guns to do it quickly!

Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,031,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA_NC View Post
That's a $5 billion budget.

Is NRA ready to cough up this money? Or do we raise tax? Or go to China?
Wow, since when does a public security guard get a salary of 50,000

The problem with government is they inflate the worth of things.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,861,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
True colors come out. You want the only ones in possession of weapons to be a Statist Central Government that abuses and targets those whom exercise their freedom of speech.
Didn't I hear the National Rifle Association executive vice president Wayne LaPierre suggest we limit our rights of free speech? Didn't he suggest limiting media, movies, songs, and video games? Doesn't the NRA respect our 1st amendment?

Old 12-21-2012, 03:27 PM

13,607 posts, read 21,415,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The NRA wants a registry for the mentally ill --- but not a registry for gun nuts like Nancy Lanza amassing a stockpile of weapons and ammunition.
Lets say you did have registry of gunowners. Although automatically you show your true colors by calling US a "gun nut". To you just because someone has guns they are automatically a "nut" nevermind they coUld be sane and gentle people in fact.

But what would you do with a registry registering say me or some other members here that are pro gun and outspoken , What would you do with such a registry? I think you would badger and intrude on us is what I think you would do with it. But please tell me....

Your interpretation of "stockpile" would seemingly be a slippery slop itself.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:27 PM

922 posts, read 1,910,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Fewer guns in fewer hands.

A ban on assault weapons.

Closing the gun show loophole.

More mandatory gun education for gun owners.

Some kind of regulation of people like Nancy Lanza who are stockpiling weapons.

More funding for mental health services.

Parents controlling the amount of violent video games their boys are playing (an average of 13 hours a week).
Fewer guns in whos hands. You anti gunners decide?
Ban on which guns? the scary looking type?
Education? It seems you need more education, you dont even know what an assault rifle is from an assault.
How many guns make a stockpile? how many rounds is hoarding?
Agreed more mental heath services, liberalism is a sick mind.
Turn off the TV, Teach them self control. As a kid I did alot of plinking on the ranch with a 22, didnt make me a killer. Just a very good shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies