Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you rely on for real news, who do you trust?
AP articles, some newspapers 25 34.72%
FOX only, and right wing editorial shows like Beck 11 15.28%
CNN or MSNBC, etc 18 25.00%
other -please specify (BBC, linktv, Al-Jazeera,etc) 49 68.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 04:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,624,473 times

Advertisements

O'd, Thanks for posting that.

Yes, its a problem in america that corporate controlled news has the hubris to think THEY are the only source of information. This leads to sloppy and even manufactured news, i.e. fictions.

Plus as another poster mentioned CNN and it cult of celebrities needs to be knocked down a few notches, imo. Its good to see many on here arent relying on just the msm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
O'd, Thanks for posting that.

Yes, its a problem in america that corporate controlled news has the hubris to think THEY are the only source of information. This leads to sloppy and even manufactured news, i.e. fictions.

Plus as another poster mentioned CNN and it cult of celebrities needs to be knocked down a few notches, imo. Its good to see many on here arent relying on just the msm.
Unfortunately, there's a lot posters on the left on here that say they are independent and not MSM controlled and read "independent" news sources but if you look closely at who funds these organizations, it's always the same few foundations (Ford Foundation funds nearly every alternative "progressive" media outlet, for example, the Tides Foundation, Soros' outfit, funds a lot of so-called progressive media as well) that bankroll these publications. As for the right well it's obvious they are corporate owned, but they brag about it in the open and the readers are mostly fine with that.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I get my news from several good news sites

RT
Natural health news

Two good ones right there
Russia Times is a lot like the old Pravda as to its propaganda but it is all anti-US now.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,324,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
FOX exclusively

And I love the way the poll throws in Beck automatically so I cant seperate my vote from the clown As if you watch FOX so your a Beck lover what a load of crap. Learn how to put together a poll. I never did watch Beck and FOX dumped hom after they realized their mistake
I am not sure about who dumped who when Beck left Fox. I subscribe to Beck's whole thing these days and have come to like him even more since Dish put him on their program. I could get his whole thing for $5 from Dish and save $5 per month but I often like to see his things on my computer and listen to Fox at the same time.

It was tough to vote on that choice but since you haven't seen Beck for over a year, he has been gone from Fox that long hasn't he, you don't know what his programming is like without some corporate head telling him what he can do. He sunk a pile of money into what he is doing and isn't broke yet. Moving to Texas was the best thing he ever did. He has taken most of his programming out of NYC.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Unfortunately, there's a lot posters on the left on here that say they are independent and not MSM controlled and read "independent" news sources but if you look closely at who funds these organizations, it's always the same few foundations (Ford Foundation funds nearly every alternative "progressive" media outlet, for example, the Tides Foundation, Soros' outfit, funds a lot of so-called progressive media as well) that bankroll these publications. As for the right well it's obvious they are corporate owned, but they brag about it in the open and the readers are mostly fine with that.

Whom do you think is the most trustworthy. overall?

Id be interested in what news you are hearing about the CT shooting and CIA involvement.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,978,718 times
Quote:
Whom do you think is the most trustworthy. overall?

Id be interested in what news you are hearing about the CT shooting and CIA involvement.
The most trustworthy overall? If we're just talking about American media, I would say NPR. Conservatives and liberals both complain about bias on NPR, and that's generally a good sign. 2nd place is CNN, but that is a far 2nd place. MSNBC is blatant and honest about its propaganda (as if Lean Forward wasn't obvious enough) Fox is deceptive about its claims (they are generally fair, but about as balanced as MSNBC). If we're talking internationally, I'd say I trust RT when it comes to international news, especially to Middle Eastern coverage.

Well, I haven't been keeping up with the CT shooting at all. I'll be frank, I don't really care about it one way or another. My main focus is the Middle Eastern powder keg, and of course self-teaching myself 3D graphics and animation creation on my free time

Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM

Default fake news

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The most trustworthy overall? If we're just talking about American media, I would say NPR. Conservatives and liberals both complain about bias on NPR, and that's generally a good sign. 2nd place is CNN, but that is a far 2nd place. MSNBC is blatant and honest about its propaganda (as if Lean Forward wasn't obvious enough) Fox is deceptive about its claims (they are generally fair, but about as balanced as MSNBC). If we're talking internationally, I'd say I trust RT when it comes to international news, especially to Middle Eastern coverage.

Well, I haven't been keeping up with the CT shooting at all. I'll be frank, I don't really care about it one way or another. My main focus is the Middle Eastern powder keg, and of course self-teaching myself 3D graphics and animation creation on my free time
I should have clarified...NOT just american media.

Interesting alot of people are recommending RT. I will have to read it more often.

LOL re: computer graphics.

In America, its something we all should be familiar with by now, that and fake actors on the mainstream news. I never realized the news shows now hire "crisis actors"

9/11 - Fake South Tower Survivor Actress Exposed - Tania Head - YouTube

visionbox.org.

truly disturbing. And fake.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,936,170 times
Quote:
Poll to be attached.

many erroneous assumptions are made that all Americans either watch Fox News or CNN/msnbc, and there are no other sources.

Fact is, the news media today is changing, and people are not trusting main stream media AT ALL.

I base this on the fact that according to the NY Daily News yesterday there is an article stating that many in social media are now doubting Sandy Hook.

So, who is your main "go to" source for real news?.

Please, keep it civil and this could be an interesting discussion.
what a totally false and stupid poll. You haven't covered anything, except to list a couple of possible answers. Do you realize, those that use their brain, would answer several sources...??

Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 PM

How intellectual of you.

I left a choice for multiple or other, so people can elaborate.

stop with the straw arguments.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,888,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Russia Times is a lot like the old Pravda as to its propaganda but it is all anti-US now.
Yes which is what makes it QUITE RELIABLE in finding out truthful news about whats going on here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies