Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you rely on for real news, who do you trust?
AP articles, some newspapers 25 34.72%
FOX only, and right wing editorial shows like Beck 11 15.28%
CNN or MSNBC, etc 18 25.00%
other -please specify (BBC, linktv, Al-Jazeera,etc) 49 68.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 12:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,993,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dome View Post
Lumping CNN with MSNBC is ridiculous.
MSNBC, for the most part, is pure propaganda. CNN, for the most part, is news.
How can you equate the likes of a fool (and convicted criminal) like Al Sharpton with professionals like Wolf Blitzer and the others on CNN???
"pure propaganda".....LOL

MSNBC isn't anywhere near FOX.

There is a basic difference between liberals and right wingers when it comes to news.

Liberals what the media to do it's job. Right wingers want the media to give them only what confirms their ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 12:51 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,523,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

There is a basic difference between liberals and right wingers when it comes to news.

Liberals what the media to do it's job. Right wingers want the media to give them only what confirms their ideology.
They are both just nonsense, biased crap....

Old 12-23-2012, 01:00 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,365,152 times
For news i usually watch local news at 5;30 then at 6 its surfing time for global news CNN,CBC PBS,BBC,Al Jezeera all are potentials..
If i'm looking for commentary on news MSNBC makes sense to me..

Old 12-23-2012, 01:04 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times
WLS Chicago News, Weather, Traffic | Chicago Area News | ABC7Chicago - abc7chicago.com | abc7chicago.com

http://wgntv.com/

Old 12-23-2012, 01:09 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Yes, I do not trust MSM and hardly ever watch FOX, MSNBC, CNN or any of that corporate media.

Generally, I get my news from perusing democracynow.org, RT.com, BBCNEWS(although can be just as bad as American corporate media at times), Al Jazeera, AirFrance.

It is never good to have one source of information.

Agreed.

You have to verify everything with multiple credible sources, and even then, if there is a reason for them to lie, assume they are.

Since searching out the truth is such a long a tedious process, I like to get as much of my information as possible from hot chicks.

Some of the best news sources using my criteria are Julie Banderas, Megyn Kelly, Martha MacCallum, Courtney Friel and Laura Ingram.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think it is good to have non mainstream sources who can be TRUSTED to report on stories that get buried in the media. It's easy to tell when conservatives step outside the mainstream sources, because they all echo the same stories over and over (Solyndra, Fast and Furious, Obama doing this/that, etc.) but with liberals, the stories are far more numerous, complex, and ultimately have actual importance, in contrast than the manufactured nonsense conservatives will shriek about.

I find Democracy Now! to be an excellent source of non-partisan news, because it does not cheerlead for either political party, and, in fact, reports on stories independent of political allegiance. I particularly like their reporting on climate change, a story that is definitely buried by the media.

Democracy Now!

Literally laughed my *** off!

"Democracy Now! receives indirect funding from George Soros, and direct funding from Soros' Open Society Institute, the Glaser Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Tides Foundation, the Public Welfare Foundation, the Schumann Center for Media and Democracy, and other left-leaning foundations."

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/p...asp?grpid=6891

Old 12-23-2012, 01:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
I like to watch a little bit of all the main channels and the 24 hour news channels. That - and read as well. I try not to get everything from one source.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:37 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,020,668 times
It comes down to being able to recognize opinion from reporting. IMO Foxnews reports things that are simply not true. I do think that MSNBC had a liberal bias, but the worst thing you can say is that fail to report stories that conservatives would like ie Benghazi. I really like NPR for news, I think they are balanced, I know most of my republican friends say they are biased as well I frankly do not see it, they always have both sides of the argument.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:48 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,468,894 times
I get news from a variety of sources, including some mentioned above: Fox, BBC, CNN, NYT, my local paper, NBC, etc. I am an opportunist and obsessive news consumer. It depends on what's available at certain times. From time to time, I read politico and Foreign Affairs.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Pew Research says MSNBC is indistigushable from propaganda....

Where do you get your news from, who do you trust?-fm.jpg

100% positive for Obama in the same week they were 100% negative for Romney is propoganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies