Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad you live in the United States?
Yes 124 67.03%
No 14 7.57%
I love my country but am no longer sure I enjoy living here 37 20.00%
I've never liked living here 10 5.41%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:48 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,809,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I voted YES, but i wish all the liberals would move to red commie china where they would be much happier and really close to the crap they love most.
Sure, as soon as you move to Iran or Saudi Arabia, which is what Conservatives prefer. Of course, China is hardly a liberal place of choice. Most liberals would pick Norway, Switzerland, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, etc. Seeing as Conservatives outsource jobs to China, seems like that would be one of your paradises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM

14,498 posts, read 11,327,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Because in general, that is how they are, rude and nasty.
So that's why I never get invited to parties.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,043,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I am forever grateful to be born an American citizen, but I would love to live away from America Inc. for a while.
Costa Rica or Ireland or Ecuador or ?
you MUST be a commie? Commie Dearest

Old 12-28-2012, 01:38 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,561,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Why are all the really rude responses from conservatives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Sure, as soon as you move to Iran or Saudi Arabia, which is what Conservatives prefer. Of course, China is hardly a liberal place of choice. Most liberals would pick Norway, Switzerland, Germany, New Zealand, Australia, etc. Seeing as Conservatives outsource jobs to China, seems like that would be one of your paradises.
Why are people so quick to label who's a Conservative? Enough acting childish, i'm pretty sure everyone here finished elemeantry school already?

Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,352,329 times
Quote:
Do you think any of your countries of choice would take you in? Maybe you should give it a try.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,239,610 times
Yeah, I love being a U.S. citizen, born and raised. I appreciate the U.S. for those things it intends to be whether or not it's always successful. But most of all, I love being a citizen because there's more places I can go to get away from it - at least physically - than there are places from which I wouldn't be able to leave. And yes, I have.

And the only person who might stop me is myself.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,795,985 times
I am GRATEFUL I live here. The same way I am grateful to be an American citizen.

Glad is an adjective that doesn't apply to my feelings the same way "proud" doesn't.

I have never understood the "proud to be American" statement. I did not do anything to warrant my American citizenship. It was just a happenstance of birth. I feel LUCKY to be an American, but not proud. That would be like being proud that I am blonde, or tall, or any other thing that I am due to luck alone. I am proud of things I have accomplished not things I have no control over.

I have lived in other countries, I was glad to live there too, but I wouldn't have given up my pretty blue passport for them nonetheless.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:58 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,620,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I am forever grateful to be born an American citizen, but I would love to live away from America Inc. for a while.
Costa Rica or Ireland or Ecuador or ?
CR was nice ... 20 years ago.

ecuador is a better choice. colombia is ever better in my view.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:30 PM

31,297 posts, read 20,805,490 times
[quote=iNviNciBL3;27525537]Why are people so quick to label who's a Conservative? Enough acting childish, i'm pretty sure everyone here finished elemeantry school already?[/quote]

Probably not Fyiero.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM

1,264 posts, read 1,557,681 times
Quote:
especially since they restrict the freedoms of people, and let corporations run around doing whatever they want to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies