Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,254,709 times

Advertisements

Bob Munden World fastest Gun Record - YouTube

who needs a semi auto?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 06:59 AM

13,513 posts, read 17,061,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
If you ban RPGs, pretty soon you will be banning bubble gum which also kind of explodes. It's a slippery slope you see ..... if we civilians don't get to carry and use rocket-propelled grenades for self-defense as is our Constitutional right, then pretty soon the govt jackbooted thugs will be stealing bubble gum from little kids!
Perfect response to the rabid gun fetishists.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Right because one guy can shoot like that, there's no reason to legislate any controls on magazines, semi auto or even full auto for that matter.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Incorrect:
Largest killing at a school was with explosive, not a single firearm in use.
Right, and that was a guy who was a school insider who had unfettered access to the school and was able to rig the whole place for demolition, buying quantities of dynamite that today would be easily accessed as well.

Since that happened once almost 100 years ago, we should just continue to let everyone have access to unlimited rounds and high capacity magazines.

I can smell the synapses of gun nuts burning as they try to justify their beloved death cult/hobby with pathetic logic, argumentation fallacies, and general insanity.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,476,109 times
I seriously doubt that Lanza used the AR. Who didn't see him at the door with an AR in his hand? They have a security camera right? How were the teachers caught by surprise? I bet the ME was told to say it was the AR for gun grabbing reasons. How could the initial reports be that wrong about what guns were found at the scene and in his car? I don't buy it at all.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,902,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

I can smell the synapses of gun nuts burning as they try to justify their beloved death cult/hobby with pathetic logic, argumentation fallacies, and general insanity.
You mean like the Constitution of the United States? I didn't know that the Constitution and it's Bill of Rights was pathetic, false, or insane... sounds like you think we should just toss all of it in the garbage.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I seriously doubt that Lanza used the AR. Who didn't see him at the door with an AR in his hand? They have a security camera right? How were the teachers caught by surprise? I bet the ME was told to say it was the AR for gun grabbing reasons. How could the initial reports be that wrong about what guns were found at the scene and in his car? I don't buy it at all.
He drove right up to the front door, got out of the car with a gun in hand, and started shooting out the glass. This all happened in seconds.

The teachers and administrators were probably talking about the following weeks holiday concert or how the schools students were performing on standardized tests, not crusing survivalist websites or drooling over their next AR15 purchase.

So whether some knuckleheaded right wing fool "buys" the events of the day doesn't matter.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You mean like the Constitution of the United States? I didn't know that the Constitution and it's Bill of Rights was pathetic, false, or insane... sounds like you think we should just toss all of it in the garbage.

Right, because that's exactly what I said. Not much going on with the nuance portion of the spectrum with some of you guys, is there?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,476,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
He drove right up to the front door, got out of the car with a gun in hand, and started shooting out the glass. This all happened in seconds.

The teachers and administrators were probably talking about the following weeks holiday concert or how the schools students were performing on standardized tests, not crusing survivalist websites or drooling over their next AR15 purchase.

So whether some knuckleheaded right wing fool "buys" the events of the day doesn't matter.
Oh, you were there? I don't buy it for one second. Banning these weapons has been a political goal. The reports I read said he buzzed in, but they didn't open the door, that's when he shot out the glass. If that's what happened, why didn't they see the AR?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh, you were there? I don't buy it for one second. Banning these weapons has been a political goal. The reports I read said he buzzed in, but they didn't open the door, that's when he shot out the glass. If that's what happened, why didn't they see the AR?
You really should be ashamed of yourself. Do you have ANY decency?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies