Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:40 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But Reid is not? He won't let the Senate vote on bills, which is MORE dictator-like. Why won't he just let folks vote, and the chips fall where they may? Instead of OBSTRUCTING.
Reid actually does a good job. Why in the world would he want to pass any of the swill coming out of the House?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
So classy!

Where's the outrage, XXX? After those Kathy Griffin threads, I'd expect you to be going crazy about this?
He's a hypocrite, obviously. The left is unclassy because of Kathy Griffin, a professional shock jock, but the leader of the House of Representatives making a comment like that is perfectly fine, because he's a right wing.

If only we had anti-troll spray on this board.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Now, now, now, where were you folks from 2000 to 2007 with no calls for balanced budgets? My goodness how short your memories are.
I did oppose the high deficit spending under Bush, and I have only increased my opposition to the catastrophic deficits under 0bama. Do a Google search for McCain complaining about Bush's drunken sailor spending in his first term. then Google Democrats, and 0bama blasting Bush's spending as "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic."

Now Google those same dems complaining about 0bama's deficit spending and you will find utter silence. Democrats and liberals are without principles, morals and ethics, since they only complain about spending levels when a Republican can be blamed. I've lost all respect for liberals and democrats, you have sold your souls for reasons of political partisanship.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
So classy!

Where's the outrage, XXX? After those Kathy Griffin threads, I'd expect you to be going crazy about this?
The same thought crossed my mind when I opened this thread.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dark View Post
Eric Cantor is the House Majority Leader.
Oops, meant Speaker of the House.
thanks..

Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I did oppose the high deficit spending under Bush, and I have only increased my opposition to the catastrophic deficits under 0bama. Do a Google search for McCain complaining about Bush's drunken sailor spending in his first term. then Google Democrats, and 0bama blasting Bush's spending as "irresponsible" and "unpatriotic."

Now Google those same dems complaining about 0bama's deficit spending and you will find utter silence. Democrats and liberals are without principles, morals and ethics, since they only complain about spending levels when a Republican can be blamed. I've lost all respect for liberals and democrats, you have sold your souls for reasons of political partisanship.
Democrats in general, all, or are you being selective? Because for me, any spending of money you don't have is stupid. Even dumber is cutting revenues while you're wanting to bomb the hell out of other countries, this sh*t costs money. No, we haven't sold our souls. Americans voted for Obama because they considered what the GOP put forth for a candidate was worse than Obama, and he would have been. Well you talk about selling your souls, look what the GOP did when they signed onto the Norquist pledge, tell me that isn't selling your a** down the creek!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
So classy!

Any worse than Joe Bidens 'this is really a f#{king big deal' comment to OBAMA on live T.V. after HC passed? More double talk from a LWNJ....

Old 01-02-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The same thought crossed my mind when I opened this thread.
I really don't follow Griffin, but if I recall, her hate-filled statements are usually very, very public, done and said in a way by her to make them as wide reaching and public as possible. Boehner, while admittedly unclassy here, still made his comment in a fairly private way. He did not tweet it, YouTube it, blog it, FaceBook it, or publicly make his comments on stage or on broadcast or cable TV.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Any worse than Joe Bidens 'this is really a f#{king big deal' comment to OBAMA on live T.V. after HC passed? More double talk from a LWNJ....
Biden, "he's a jackass."

Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
Well one thing Boehner and I agree upon!!!

Boehner Responds to Reid: 'Go F
After saying that Boehner told us the same time and voted for Reid's unconstitutional bill. Congressional games just aren't very fair games. I don't care what Boehner tells Reid if he votes against him but he didn't do it this time.

I have heard that Boehner and his closest rival for the Speaker job aren't speaking today after voting yes and no on that bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies