Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Mind altering drugs are behind the epidemic of mental illness.

Between the bit pharmaceuticals and the Mexican cartels, the population of this country is being bombarded with mind altering drugs.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:30 PM

621 posts, read 658,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Paranoid much???
Call it in touch with reality.

Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie_row View Post
Call it in touch with reality.
Paranoia isn't mutually exclusive to reality...

I just find that mass conspiracies tend to be false and silly.

And being bipolar myself , and subject to paranoia myself at times, I think its funny when others are paranoid...

Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Electropollution -

Resonance - Beings of Frequency (documentary film) - YouTube

Old 01-05-2013, 09:17 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,974,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The oldest of Joe Kennedy's daughters had some problems. He sought help from a famous MD who performed an ice- pick lobotomy on her. It made her worse and she was institutionalized for the rest of her life. It is believed today that this child had dyslexia.

Will people will look back on this time in history with the same wonder and disgust?

From the original article:
" Could a drug-based paradigm of care be fuellng this modern day plague?"
We're definitely back in the Dark Ages, but with Big Pharma raking in all the gold.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Talk therapy was a joke.
You raise an interesting point. From what I've heard and read, in the earlier years of "therapy" there was a more active attempt on the part of the "therapist" to get to the bottom of the patient's problem, often going back to childhood years and asking well-conceived questions. Active notes were taken and referred to at following sessions.

Today "therapy" has turned to "counseling" and one can be directed to a social worker, or counselor with an "Ed" degree, or general psychologist—not a psychiatrist. The style these days, I often hear (and also from my own experience), is that the "counselor" just sits there and waits for the patient to speak or cry or whatever. Long silences are condoned as OK (let's not work too hard, let's wait for the patient to initiate). Often little progress is made because the "counselor" has no plan for a connected (session to session) series of probing questions. With some counselors, notes are not consulted. It's more like "Let's see, Mary...if I remember, last time you were having some problems with..." Or, both sit down and the counselor stares at the patient waiting for him to spill the beans of his difficult week.

Psychiatrists, who were once Freudian or Jungian talk therapists, now just prescribe drugs, drawing on their M.D. degree. They have a manual (is that the DSM?) that matches known "conditions" to prescription drugs.

I can see why you felt that way.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM

621 posts, read 658,370 times
Quote:
Paranoia isn't mutually exclusive to reality...

Quote:

I just find that mass conspiracies tend to be false and silly.
A lot of times they hide something that is real that is close but not the same. Hmm is that me being...
Quote:

And being bipolar myself , and subject to paranoia myself at times, I think its funny when others are paranoid...
ya but sometimes they have a point. Chemtrails... BS. 9/11 conspiracy My take is wilful ignorance. Darn convenient for expanding government power when the doo doo was going to hit the fan economically in a few years. Saying it was an inside job hides what was done. A political message was sent throughout the administration that they didn't want any terrorist activities stopped before they happened. Then we got 9/11.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
.....personally i dont think we have as big of a problem as we are lead to believe.
My good friend who has been a dental hygienist for many years would disagree. She has to consult patients' med charts with every visit. Over that time span she has seen an enormous increase in prescribed drugs - many people on two to six prescriptions, and many (she says) taking more than one antidepressant drug (sometimes two or three). She cannot believe how much everyone is medicated, even the children she sees in the dental office. It is very rare, she says, to see someone on no drugs at all. I would say that's a pretty big problem. We are all walking around (and driving) medicated up the wazoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies