Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,555,269 times

Advertisements

Tea Party.....LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm not racist I just recognize racist groups. It's hard not to notice when they do things like this>

So what is your eveidence that the Tea Party is composed of 'white supremacists?' When you make an accusation like this don't you need evidence? Or are you a 'verdict first, trial later' kind of guy?

Keep in mind that you can probably find handfuls of racists in any large politcal faction. I have posted here many times blatantly racist statements from Dems like Rep Danny K Davis and Spike Lee. Do you therefore classify the Democratic Party as one of the "racist groups" that you say you recognize?

Old 01-04-2013, 09:55 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,100,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
tea party.....lol
cpusa.... Lol

Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,918,293 times
The only reason they started calling themselves the tea party to begin with was because in 2008 the Republican brand name was worthless. It was never the less all the exact same Republican insiders and lobbying groups doing the exact same garbage they always did but 10 times more shrill. The racism and the stupidity were identical though brought a bit more forwarded.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
It's my duty to say 'good' and that I welcome the outreach.

If the Tea Party has something to say, I'll listen.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM

768 posts, read 881,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's my duty to say 'good' and that I welcome the outreach.

If the Tea Party has something to say, I'll listen.
What the Tea Party has to say:

Cut all spending, but ringfence my social security, medicare, medicaid. And defense spending. America, F*ck yeah!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,387,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The only reason they started calling themselves the tea party to begin with was because in 2008 the Republican brand name was worthless. It was never the less all the exact same Republican insiders and lobbying groups doing the exact same garbage they always did but 10 times more shrill. The racism and the stupidity were identical though brought a bit more forwarded.
utter drivel. You're just throwing out broad-brush claims and accusations while providing ZERO evidence to back them up.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:27 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I'm not racist I just recognize racist groups. It's hard not to notice when they do things like this>

So you have an objective criteria for evaluating groups to determine whether or not a group is a) racist, or b) not racist?

Please explain how the Tea Party Movement and/or specific tea party organizations can be determined to be racist using your specific objective standards.

Old 01-05-2013, 12:07 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,954,432 times
Can a Tea Party member help me out here? I'm trying to find a single person of color in any of these crowd shots and it's like playing "Where's Waldo." Can you point one out to me? M'kay thanks!

https://www.google.com/search?q=tea+...w=1366&bih=649

Last edited by logline; 01-05-2013 at 01:15 AM..

Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,423,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Well one could say their all racist...

Neither party has done much for minorities or poor whites have they??? They both are sold out to Big Corporate interests...

I applaud the decision and I realize it's not an easy task but whats wrong with promoting traditional conservative values and trying to reach out to anyone of any race???

In case you havent noticed were on the path to bankruptcy and on the road to serfdom...

The math isn't hard...

Once again we have the baseless and indefensible accusation of racist motivations being leveled against organizations that have advocated restraining the growth and spending of government and precious little else.

The reason those who make these accusations don't stick around to defend their charges is for the same reason they make them in the first place.

Their is no debate to be had with organizations that advocate responsible spending and taxation.

If Tea Party opponents could argue logically for increased deficit spending, they would do so, but since they cannot, we are instead debating the character of those opposing deficit spending.

The federal government is in the business of stealing from future generations for the benefit of their clients on both the left and the right and this must end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies