Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama has raised taxes on everyone. Gas is bought by the poor. Food is bought by the poor. Thank Obama for creating a tax and spend mess. Debt ceiling will be raised and food and gas will inflate again as the printing of more dollars weakens our economy. Our dollar is not worth what it was 4 years ago. Take a good look at your grocery bill and you can't deny what it cost to eat today.
You'll of course be happy to point out a 4 year period of a Republican in the White House when our dollar was worth more at the end of those four years than the beginning, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Were you as upset when Bush 2 vacationed ?
Actually I was more livid with Bush over his wars than vacations.
However, I see your point as a non-sequitur - your a mom?

Your poor kids.

Do you tell them it's ok to smoke dope because other kids do?
Skip school?
Steal?
Lie to you?

What a stupid comment much less argument.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
You spent a lot of time babbling....

You could have just said,..." I don't know,...just made a statement that I can't support,....and if you want and proof of my statement, you can just google to find the documentation. Happy hunting."
Oh silly me for using actual words on an online discussion forum. I guess I haven't figured out the complexity of using little smiles to express myself. I do find it comical though that you're asking for documentation to refute an "issue" that was reported by a blog.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Oh silly me for using actual words on an online discussion forum. I guess I haven't figured out the complexity of using little smiles to express myself. I do find it comical though that you're asking for documentation to refute an "issue" that was reported by a blog.
No,...I ask that you support your statement that (and I paraphrase), "Obama vacationing in Hawaii costs no more than anywhere else".

Now just keep dancing like a chicken on a hot stovetop.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Quote:
No,...I ask that you support your statement that (and I paraphrase), "Obama vacationing in Hawaii costs no more than anywhere else".

Now just keep dancing like a chicken on a hot stovetop.

Actually what I said was the cost of security would be the same regardless of the location but if you insist I'll rephrase:

"I don't believe the secret service is paid more to protect Obama in Hawaii than they would be paid to protect him in Chicago or any other state that he vacationed in" ...

now if you believe the secret service is paid some kind of special stipend for traveling to Hawaii that they wouldn't have gotten had they only had to travel to Chicago then we'll just have to disagree...unless you have a copy of the benefit plan for secret service agents that shows how much they get paid for working in various states. Who knows, perhaps you're right. Perhaps they get paid an extra $1,000 an hour while in Hawaii. The Hawaii Protection Plan bonus.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:51 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
Actually what I said was the cost of security would be the same regardless of the location but if you insist I'll rephrase:

"I don't believe the secret service is paid more to protect Obama in Hawaii than they would be paid to protect him in Chicago or any other state that he vacationed in" ...

now if you believe the secret service is paid some kind of special stipend for traveling to Hawaii that they wouldn't have gotten had they only had to travel to Chicago then we'll just have to disagree...unless you have a copy of the benefit plan for secret service agents that shows how much they get paid for working in various states. Who knows, perhaps you're right. Perhaps they get paid an extra $1,000 an hour while in Hawaii. The Hawaii Protection Plan bonus.
You can't provide the cost of security for the first family in Hawaii or Chicago.

You are guessing.

I don't buy your factoid.

Good evening.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-07-2013 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-06-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You can't provide the cost of security for the first family in Hawaii or Chicago.
And neither can you so why do you assume it's more when they're in Hawaii versus Chicago?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,443,958 times
We should just increase the Presidential salary to about $1.5 billion annually so he can take care of his own expenses (including but not limited to running Airforce One, White House Maintenance, Secret Service, Etc.); too much of a salary? Well if you believe that's too high of a salary, then maybe our government should just pick up the tab since he is our President.

Seriously though, what's the problem? I would always expect a leader of any first-world nation to have huge costs towards the tax-payer, they need to be far more protected than you or I. Think of it this way, if you won the lottery ($500 million before taxes) how much would security would you want? You'd just buy a gun and call it a day? If that's all you believe you need I'll say this, you won't last long. Personally I'd probably be spending a few hundred thousand a year on security for the first few years. Well it's the same way for the President, he's a loved man, he's a hated man, and with so many out there (including but not limited to international and probably even domestic terrorist groups) who don't want to see him as President, it costs tremendous amounts of money to keep him from being the next JFK.

If you don't want to see him with security because you believe you're paying for it, just think your tax payer dollars are being allocated towards something as that you may prefer such as the military. Personally, I always like to imagine my tax dollars are only going towards education, healthcare, and building domestic infrastructure, of course in reality its not but its better to think that rather than being used to kill someone with a drone, sponsoring terrorist organizations (yes, America has been doing this for a very long time), or wasting a few billion's on a scraped army uniform. So I hope this helps.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Aren't all you Republicans sick of Obama putting down the rich people as if they are evil. I am!!!Obama has no room to talk about the rich. Obama takes luxury vacations on our dime and then he spouts about the rich and the money they make.

The more money the rich make the more they pay in taxes. Plain and simple. They are in the higher tax brackets so if we eliminated all the rich people we would have to end welfare and food stamps the first to go.

The recipients of welfare and food stamps never put in any of their paycheck to support those programs . The rich are the ones who supply jobs and their taxes build the infratructure. Not welfare or foodstamp recipients or the poor.
Oh, another strawman argument. Please find a quote where president Obama put down the rich or said they were evil or said the rich should be eliminated. He only wants them to pay higher tax rates than they do. Many of the ultra rich pay lower tax rates than the middle class.

Saying that, The President of the United States has every right to decide where to go on vacation and the cost of these vacations is inline with the cost of other president's vacation.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
hey, when you can spend TRILLIONS of others people's $$ like its pennys,
whats a couple of million ?

and for the leg humpers who says the obamama's are from hawaii, do you realise he never visited on vacation until AFTER the fools elected him president ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies