Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:20 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
MSNBC advertises to buy gold too. This is all about nothing.
Since gold isn't the topic under discussion, as usual, when you have nothing by way of refutation, you dismiss the topic as being all about nothing. Yet the fact remains, misguided working class Republicans and their fellow travelers are being fleeced by groups that fuel the right-wing outrage machine, not in the interest of policy, but rather to continue adding to their personal bank accounts.

Pimps, whores and the right-wing outrage machine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
liberals dont buy gold because food stamps arent accepted.
Thread winner

Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The only problem with your argument is that everyone who pays into the system receives the benefits as described by law.
that would be false

everyone who pays into gets bennies IF the make their 20 quarters

and IF the make it to the age

work from 18 to 59 (paying into the system) and die...you just paid for nothing, and get nothing

so what that tells us is your first sentence is a lie

Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that would be false

work from 18 to 59 (paying into the system) and die...you just paid for nothing, and get nothing
Put your money in a private retirement plan and die before collecting and what the frack do you get... nothing! Have a wife and children.... what do you suppose they get from your SS account?

Puleeze!

Quote:
so what that tells us is your first sentence is a lie
Don't write checks your behind can't cash.
When you die, certain members of your family may be eligible to receive survivor's benefits (based on your earnings record) if you worked, paid Social Security taxes, and earned enough work credits. The number of credits you need depends on your age when you die. The younger you are when you die, the fewer credits you'll need for survivor's benefits. However, no one needs more than 40 credits (10 years of work) to be "fully insured" for benefits. And under a special rule, if you're only "currently insured" at the time of your death (i.e., you have 6 credits in the 13 quarters prior to your death), your children and your spouse who is caring for them can still receive benefits.

Social Security survivor's benefits - 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy

Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Since gold isn't the topic under discussion, as usual, when you have nothing by way of refutation, you dismiss the topic as being all about nothing. Yet the fact remains, misguided working class Republicans and their fellow travelers are being fleeced by groups that fuel the right-wing outrage machine, not in the interest of policy, but rather to continue adding to their personal bank accounts.

Pimps, whores and the right-wing outrage machine.
Gold was mentioned and weren't you one of them that mentioned how R's lie to their audience to get them to buy it? I guess MSNBC lies to their audience as well.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:27 PM

691 posts, read 771,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
That's capitalism. If people choose to pay, that's their choice.

Exactly. How do you think Al Gore and Bill Clinton became multi-millionares after spending their life on a civil service paycheck?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I am far less concerned with the elderly donating $20 to a GOP PAC than I am about one man donating $100 million and hosting $50K/ plate fund raising din-dins in Israel, alternately attended by the GOP Presidential and VP Nominees. The same individual is facing serious charges in China for bribery. No one, no matter how loaded, donates this kind of money without an expectation of a substantial return on their ivestment.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am far less concerned with the elderly donating $20 to a GOP PAC than I am about one man donating $100 million and hosting $50K/ plate fund raising din-dins in Israel, alternately attended by the GOP Presidential and VP Nominees. The same individual is facing serious charges in China for bribery. No one, no matter how loaded, donates this kind of money without an expectation of a substantial return on their ivestment.
I don't disagree, but it is a different issue.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Gold was mentioned and weren't you one of them that mentioned how R's lie to their audience to get them to buy it? I guess MSNBC lies to their audience as well.
I ignore posts that aren't germaine to the topic so I ignored all the gold conversations.

MSNBC? Who on MSNBC is paid to solicit donations for any particular group as a part of their program?

You may not like MSNBC, you may caracterize their take on the news as lies, you may not like their facking looks, but they do hold to certain basic ethics that all journalist are supposed to uphold. You don't have financial interests with the people or things that you report on. Even FoxNews holds to that principle.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And I bet right-wingers will come on here try to change the subject to Dems. without disproving what you posted.
I'll bite. Every single of of those links were opinion pieces, with no facts in any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies