Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,092,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Perhaps. But man or women, what are the odds that anyone will ever come to your door intent on doing harm to you? 1 in how many hundreds of millions? I choose not to live my life in fear of things that are extremely remote possibilities.
The chances of my house burning down or being hit by a tornado are pretty slim too.....but I still carry insurance.

As a woman, I am instinctually more cautious than a man in many situations.

For instance, rape is a pretty common crime.....a crime that you, as a man, never worry about....see what I mean? That is why a woman is more cautious about answering a door than you are.

You would probably think nothing of walking into a bar at night by yourself.....as a woman....I wouldn't do it.

You may think that is living in fear.....but sadly.....it is the reality of being a woman. We are naturally more cautious in many situations where a man would never give it a second thought.....we have to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 07:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
That's you.

For some people, their dog is an extension of their family. I'm not one of those people, but just because I am not like that doesn't mean I am right and others are wrong.
I am one of those people. You touch my dog with intent to harm or kill, you die. And yes, it's OK where I live. My dog is my property. I can do whatever it takes to protect myself and/or my property.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:59 PM

657 posts, read 697,327 times
The Admin should review this thread. This is a misrepresentation of those for gun rights.

See post #73 on this thread.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:02 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,129,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yep I can, but why run when I can make the criminal run or leave flat on their back. you might not think that property, life or liberty is worth fighting for, but everyone has different priorities.
I've addressed this several times, but I'll do it again.

If you can easily get out of your house and away from an intruder, you will not be killed or injured. If you confront the intruder, you are risking injury and your own death. Why the hell would you unnecessarily do that??

Also, unless you're a sociopath, killing another human being take a horrible toll on you. No matter how justified or how much the person "deserved" it, killing another human being is a soul-crushing thing to do. Why would you ever want to put yourself in a position where you might be forced to unnecessarily kill somebody??

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM

14,916 posts, read 13,129,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

For instance, rape is a pretty common crime.....a crime that you, as a man, never worry about....see what I mean? That is why a woman is more cautious about answering a door than you are.

You would probably think nothing of walking into a bar at night by yourself.....as a woman....I wouldn't do it.
I was drugged at a gay bar in New York City in 2011. I do worry a little bit about rape.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,092,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
You agree with the garbage not because you care about your online persona. You want to trash those for gun rights.

You are not for gun rights and will probably never shoot a flying chicken if it bit you in the eye. I have zero respect for liers like both of you.

WTH are you talking about?

How am I trashing those who are for gun rights? I own several guns. Why would I be against the right to own them?

What do you think I have guns for? For decoration?

Old 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM

14,887 posts, read 10,067,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I was drugged at a gay bar in New York City in 2011. I do worry a little bit about rape.
We should ban gay bars.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM

5,669 posts, read 5,104,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
There is no trinket or bauble that is worth killing someone over.
The intruder should instead realize that there is no trinket or bauble worth getting killed for. I reserve the right to kill without warning any such person I find in my home. And the law is on my side.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:08 PM

657 posts, read 697,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
WTH are you talking about?

How am I trashing those who are for gun rights? I own several guns. Why would I be against the right to own them?

What do you think I have guns for? For decoration?
Sure you do Annie. And pigs can fly too..

Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM

513 posts, read 582,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Shooting someone to keep them from stealing property is wrong. There is no trinket or bauble that is worth killing someone over.

If a burglar is a valid threat to your safety, shooting them would be justified. Shooting someone because they tried to steal your big screen TV is immoral and repugnant behavior.
No, stealing property is wrong. There is no trinket or bauble that that worth risking your life to steal. Anyone who forces entry into someone else's home is fair game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies