Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:06 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times

Advertisements

I've heard many times how people can use a plethora of other weapons to kill and how it's not the gun's fault. I think that is completely false. I think the gun makes it easy and quick and clean. I think a gun makes a lazy criminal a murderer. I think it makes a coward into killer.

Here is proof. Man first shoots wife in the head, then dismembers her body with knives.

It makes no sense. If he was going to kill her, why not use a knife? It would have been silent instead of making a loud noise that alerted the neighbors.

St. Paul: Wife trying to leave when husband shot her, sawed up body, charges say - TwinCities.com

How many gang murders in Chicago would occur without the guns? Gun rights advocates would say they would use other weapons. Except they don't see clubs and knives in the MTV videos they watch, they see guns.

Tools of killing from a distance are in far too many hands these days. This isn't 1775. The country is a completely different place now. Guns should be in the hands of uniformed officials and responsible hunters and owners. The 2nd amendment doesn't GUARANTEE gun ownership. It is a guideline that I feel is to be interpreted by the current citizens of the country according to our need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Clue: Don't get a gun.

Problem solved!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Interesting logic.
Not one of my guns has ever instructed me to kill someone.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Of course that's the truth. Anyone who would dispute it is a idiot azzhat. How many shootings happen just because a person just happens to have a gun in their pocket???? Thousands and thousands. You know full well that people "lose it" all the time. They throw a punch or a kick or whatever, they don't really have a murderous intent BUT if they have a gun in their pocket they SHOOT first and think later.

The number of people in the USA who feel so threatened that they MUST walk around armed at all times is a truely sad commentary on the state of your country. The country is filled with paranoid timebombs ready to explode at the least hint of a threat against them. I'm more afraid of these types than I am of criminals. I can generally aviod criminals by staying away from areas they usually hang out in. I can't aviod these average everyday paraniod azzhats because they can be anyone and can be anywhere. Getting shot by some frustrated housewife because I cut her off in traffic or by paraniod idiot who thinks I 'm looking at him with something bad in mind is very possible in your armed to the teeth country.

The reason people like Piers Morgan are so upset and right over the moon about it is that they just can't relate to such insanity. There are probably more shootings in the USA every single day that there is in the UK in a freakin year. Same thing here in Canada. So you know how many Canadians I know who just would not go to the USA for any reason????
Lots and lots of them. They go to Cuba, no problem but the USA never.

Last edited by lucknow; 01-10-2013 at 08:51 AM..

Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Clue: Don't get a gun.

Problem solved!
Clue Dale: I'm not worried about my gun. I'm worried about all the guns in the hands of mental cases, paraniod idiots, frustrated and angry weirdos and all the other assorted azzhats out there.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM

lucknow-very good points. I would like to know just how many lives are ended in this country a year that are completely unnecessary. By that I mean what should have just been a fistfight where both go home bruised after, or one goes to the hospital and the other goes to jail for a few days...how many of those situations turn into a murder with one dead and the other in the penal system for 20+ years?

I had a friend at work who is now sitting in a maximum security prison because he had a gun (an illegal gun-he had no carry permit). He shot his best friend dead after he announced at a party that he was going to marry the woman my friend also loved. A very strange situation. They started to argue and brought it outside.

He then walks back to his car, get's the gun walks back and shoots this guy dead. The guy he shot was more than able to defend himself so it should have just been a fistfight and my friend would still be at work and the guy would still be alive. The gun was too easy for my friend to get and he obviously had issues non of us knew about. What a ridiculous waste.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Just think without private gun ownership we could still be British subjects!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,482 times
Nope!! Guns haven't been around that long in the first place and murders still happened. Guns just make it easier to take out more of your enemies.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
They would probably be less likely to try.... and/or their intended victims less likely to die from that attempt.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
Nope!! Guns haven't been around that long in the first place and murders still happened. Guns just make it easier to take out more of your enemies.
Guess what? Most of your "enemies" have rights too. If they are in your home illegally that is one thing. How often in those 12,000 guns murders does that happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies