Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:42 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,503 times

Advertisements

For the crowd who think welfare recipients (and even Gov't workers) should pass drug tests to qualify to get the benefits.

Additionally, like in Top-Secret clearances, gun buyers should have to pass financial assessments too right? No one is more vulnerable to bad influences than someone in the red, past due on debt... security analysts know this well.

Last edited by Back to NE; 01-11-2013 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 07:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,768,722 times
Default Backgtound checks?

I would only allow searches for records of violent felonies and serious mental illness. No testing for drugs or political opinion. Once the search was completed the results should be erased. There should be no record of who was checked or if the they purchased or have any guns.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:48 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
For the crowd who think welfare recipients (and even Gov't workers) should pass drug tests to qualify to get the benefits.

Additionally, like in Top-Secret clearances, gun buyers should have to pass financial assessments too right? No one is more vulnerable to bad influences than someone in the red, past due on debt... security analysts know this well.
1. Government workers have to have a drug test before being hired and drug tests again in the event of an OJT accident. Many other types of jobs have to be drug tested already.

2. Welfare recipients should be drug tested.

3. I know many people who are struggling financially every day. They lose sleep trying to figure out how to pay their bills because there is not enough money left at the end of the month. They don't lose sleep trying to figure out how to shoot up a place.

4. None of the young men who have been doing the shooting are doing it because they can't pay their bills.

5. You're a shill, troll, instigator. Dumb thread.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,757 times
Quote:

Can we start drug testing the media to clear them for their 1st amendment rights?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM

945 posts, read 968,016 times
Quote:

Wow this guy is about is out of touch as you can get. Yes, for the right to steal money from other people, those who get unearned benefits from working people should have to play by the rules of those giving the money to them. If they want to drug test them to weed out using tax money on drugs then its valid.

Top-Secret clearances are in the military domain which has a whole world of its own laws and rules. Speaking of Julian Assange, did he get the TS info by paying off the debt of the young man who leaked the information? I didn't think so.

Why would you drug test someone to buy a gun? Should I drug test you when you buy a car or a hamburger? It is literally a stupid idea from a stupid person with zero common sense.

Who raised you? Joseph Stalin?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Considering that drug tests for welfare recipients is supposedly some violation of their rights. I'm not seeing how they could institute such a program for gun purchases but in these whacky days anything is possible I guess.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:57 AM

374 posts, read 236,127 times
Default Already is

Unless you consider lying on a Federal document with punishment of a felony......NOT???

Question....9E

Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
5. You're a shill, troll, instigator. Dumb thread.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Why would you drug test someone to buy a gun? Should I drug test you when you buy a car or a hamburger? It is literally a stupid idea from a stupid person with zero common sense.
Because you can't kill someone with a hamburger LOL. Background checks for gun ownership are to prevent risky people from getting them. The NRA wants mentally ill people excluded because they are risky. You can't say (and you can't admit) that people up financial $hits creek aren't more at risk statistically than people paid up.

I personally don't think pot smokers are riskier, but for hard drugs, absolutely.

BTW, item 9E on that form doesn't indicate drug testing. Almost every employer makes you sign their drug-free policy. Being tested is a different matter.

BTW2, only about one 3rd of Gov't jobs require drug testing.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 AM

945 posts, read 968,016 times
Quote:
Because you can't kill someone with a hamburger LOL. Background checks for gun ownership are to prevent risky people from getting them. The NRA wants mentally ill people excluded because they are risky. You can't say (and you can't admit) that people up financial $hits creek aren't more at risk statistically than people paid up.

I personally don't think pot smokers are riskier, but for hard drugs, absolutely.

BTW, item 9E on that form doesn't indicate drug testing. Almost every employer makes you sign their drug-free policy. Being tested is a different matter.

BTW2, only about one 3rd of Gov't jobs require drug testing.
Someone could stuff the hamburger in your mouth and hold your nose shut with my fingers, could run over you with a car, could stab you with a knife. Do those items all need a drug test with them? How about rope and baseball bats?

You sound like a teenage pot smoker that just ripped the bong. I can't waste my time more than I already have on someone with the 1/4th my IQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies