Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times

Advertisements

For everyone who began foaming at the mouth when I dared to suggest that perhaps our constitution isn't the envy of every man, woman and child on the planet:

‘We the People’ Loses Appeal With People Around the World

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/us...the-world.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
I don't need some kind of "mouth" to tell me what I've heard and what I'm thinking. I can decide things for myself.
I think this is the reason why liberal talk radio doesn't really work.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:32 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Well, he's right. It's become something to thump and to hide behind. If our constitution is that great, other countries would be model theirs on it. They aren't.

other countries dont model it because they like to be able to control their subjects and slaves. it is hard to fight against the government when all you can do is throw rocks.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:34 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
See interview & video here

By the way Obama Signs Bill Giving Him Armed Protection For Life while simultaneously launching effort to suspend the Second amendment to the Constitution and disarm the American people.
On a philosophical note, I imagine the attitude is pretty common all around the world. There's not really any reason to expect people from other cultures to take the constitution as seriously as many Americans do. I mean I can't conceive of why those people rioted when some Korans were accidentally burned a while back. I am not from a culture that has that kind of reverence for an object. I may not like it if you burn an American flag, for example, but I'm not going to go out in the street and commit random acts of violence over it.

Plus, of course, from a practical standpoint Piers Morgan is being intentionally provacative. He's getting more publicity than he ever could have dreamed of.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
On a philosophical note, I imagine the attitude is pretty common all around the world. There's not really any reason to expect people from other cultures to take the constitution as seriously as many Americans do. I mean I can't conceive of why those people rioted when some Korans were accidentally burned a while back. I am not from a culture that has that kind of reverence for an object. I may not like it if you burn an American flag, for example, but I'm not going to go out in the street and commit random acts of violence over it.
The Koran burnings alone were not the reason for the violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Plus, of course, from a practical standpoint Piers Morgan is being intentionally provacative. He's getting more publicity than he ever could have dreamed of.
Like you said, Piers is going for ratings. Like him or not he's no dummy.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:12 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Apparently, Mr Morgan has finally discovered a way to get his ratings up. At one time his audience was smaller than Larry King's.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
For everyone who began foaming at the mouth when I dared to suggest that perhaps our constitution isn't the envy of every man, woman and child on the planet:

‘We the People’ Loses Appeal With People Around the World

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/07/us...the-world.html
It doesn't matter what the rest of the world thinks, now does it?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
For everyone who began foaming at the mouth when I dared to suggest that perhaps our constitution isn't the envy of every man, woman and child on the planet....
I'm not even remotely interested in what others think of the Constitution.

When they live in a political state that is as large area-wise as the US, and has the diverse geography and geology of the US (navigable rivers, mountains, deserts, plains, forests, lowlands, swamps and coasts), then I might actually devote 2 seconds of my life considering the possibility of entertaining their silly ideas.

Until then....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Governments do not give up power that easily.
No, they don't. It's like trying to pry crack out of the hand of a crack-addict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Do you REALLY think the new president of Egypt wants a free people?
Well, I'm not the Amazing Kreskin so I don't really have any idea what he thinks, but I'm inclined to believe he doesn't want a free-democratic Egypt.

Thinking...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Who is Piers Morgan anyway?
I'll be damned if I know.

I don't have a TV and radio has become the 2nd most useless piece of technology on Earth (with electronic bubble wrap being the first).

I find it quite distressing that people cannot locate the "OFF" button/switch.

In the dark....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It's the dreamers, the hot-heads and overgrown children who want the rule of law out of their way; of all the folly which has surfaced at the cackle-fest this form has become of late, the attack on the Constitution is the only one which gives me serious reason to worry.
Well said.

Lot of that going around lately...

Mircea

Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,574,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
other countries dont model [the US constitution] because they like to be able to control their subjects and slaves.
That, or because they can see that it's so dysfunctional that we're seriously discussion a trillion-dollar coin, ferchissake.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
That is the nice thing about not watching the MSM. I don't have to listen to idiots like Morgan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies