Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,264 times

Advertisements

I liked it better when it was called Jonestown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I thought "going Galt" was supposed to encompass the idea that you're depriving society of your talents and expertise. Without Beck, will we suddenly run out of microchips or vaccines - or even something remotely useful?
Dry-drunk clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Makes sense. People like Glenn Beck and his followers are unable to function in our country as it is today. It's too complex for them. They can't see any option other than to drop out.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Beck is not a Libertarian! That said, I don't what he is other than a paid right-wing provocateur.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM

44 posts, read 30,131 times
This will end in mass murder. All that hate and crazy in one area

Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Kickinit View Post
Who is Glen Beck? Is he related that Rover Norquist guy?
It's actually spelled Glenn. Just thought I'd let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
For some reason Jim Jones came to mind when thinking of a utopian community with Beck at the helm..
Because you have no idea what he's about. You have absolutely no idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
He'll gain even more weight towards the end of his rule over the cult...Err....I mean " community " .

Beck will sit bloated on a throne like chair while talking into a microphone to his followers..err...I mean community members ordering them to drink the Cool aide Literally.

At least at the end of it all we'll have him and those that believed in his idiocy dead from suicide.

On that day the majority of thinking men and women will be thankful that their demise was swift and painful.
1) It's spelled Kool-aid. If you're gonna bring it up the least you could do is spell it right.
2) (Regarding emboldened statement) How could you say something so ignorant? And some of you people want to talk about hate. You have serious issues to say something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
For God's sake, people, when he starts passing out the Kool Aid, don't drink it!!!
At least you spelled Kool-aid right.
But if you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't say this.
Maybe if some of you people would do just a little research; Maybe detaching yourselves from the mainstream media tit that feeds you all, and maybe latching on to some actual facts would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
But you can buy his jeans which cost $12 to make for $130. Won't that be nice?
BS. These jeans cost more because 1) they are made in America which means that you have to pay American wages (yes I know, so inconvenient to have to pay Americans instead of the Chinese) 2) they are made with real denim and have copper buttons, zippers, tacks etc. So it costs more than $12 to make those. Again if you people would only do some research you could save yourselves from looking like complete dumb asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I thought "going Galt" was supposed to encompass the idea that you're depriving society of your talents and expertise. Without Beck, will we suddenly run out of microchips or vaccines - or even something remotely useful?
You have no idea with whom you're dealing. It's not about Beck, it's about the people who are like Beck in any shape or form. They (we) are much more powerful than you realize. Read Altlas Shrugged sometime, or atleast watch the movies (I think they're making 3 parts) maybe you'll get the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImproveDaily View Post
This will end in mass murder. All that hate and crazy in one area
What hate? Please enlighten me.
The only hate I see is from people like you on this thread. Talking about mass suicide and how stupid we are. You have no idea. Again, do some research.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 PM

995 posts, read 1,115,974 times
For years and years, I've said many times that the ultra-conservatives, teahats, right-wing nuts should all go make their own country. We would see how long it lasts.

I just wanted them OUT of this country. Can't have everything tho. This will be so satisfying to watch. Hopefully, Beck and Co. will spend every penny they have, and fade into the sunset.

Edit: Oh, and also...somebody needs to keep track of all the federal and TX state assistance this new paradise will apply for and use.

Last edited by AnneWest; 01-13-2013 at 06:55 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Free country... At least for the moment.. He is free to spend his money in any way he pleases.. Would I live there?? Ummmmm Probably not...

Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,756,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Do you or have you ever watched or listened to Beck?
Yes I used to watch his show like a religion...bout 2 years ago...the guy just went off the deep end eventually and his undying love for Israel did it for me...

Old 01-13-2013, 08:10 PM

742 posts, read 678,678 times
He's a disinfo agent not to be trusted.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:39 PM

185 posts, read 159,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yep. He's a hypocritical little dirtbag. He tried to don the tea party hat in 2010 and that was getting him nowhere. Then he tried to copy Alex Jones and that didn't work out, now he's saying he's libertarian, after insulting Ron Paul and his cult worshippers
Can't disagree with that... Beck is more of failed opportunist than believer in the non-aggression principle and volunteerism dawned by any libertarian. He will only trick conservatives that think they are libertarian to come into his fold...No sane libertarian would approach Beck in any matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies