Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 06:09 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Wrong. MEN are oversexed. Or maybe not oversexed, that's incorrectly phrased. They're OBSESSED with sex. Even men who are in their 80s and 90s and it's been years since they've gotten their snake to stir, are STILL interested in sex, seeing women naked, etc. etc. etc. That is obsession, not true sexual impulse (since their sexual impulses are by those ages quite dead).

Don't be telling me it's only gay men that are interested in sex. HETEROSEXUAL MEN are far more obsessed by sex than women are. All men are.

SO, given that males are obsessed with sex. When a woman and a man get together, the woman will put the breaks on the man's sex obsession. When a man and another man get together, there's NO ONE to put the breaks on their sex obsessions, so they obsess a lot more about sex.

What's so difficult to understand about that?
And females are obsessed with men's money. And they are very successful as getting it with the help of their real husbands, the government.

You call others misogynists, but you seem to have animosity towards normal straight men. And judging by the post, you seem to be against heterosexual relationships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 07:11 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
And females are obsessed with men's money. And they are very successful as getting it with the help of their real husbands, the government.

You call others misogynists, but you seem to have animosity towards normal straight men. And judging by the post, you seem to be against heterosexual relationships.
I'm not obsessed by anyone's money. Why should I be? I make decent money.

I'm also not against straight men. I like straight men. I have a bf, and trust me on this, he's straight.

However, what I said still stands. MEN are obsessed with sex. When a woman and a man are together, the woman (who has a different level of sex obsession) will put the breaks on a man's sex obsession.

But when 2 men are together, no one puts on the breaks.

That's it, take it or leave it.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:19 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,104,541 times
SECURITY is not so easy to come by, these days
(Men know that, and women expect it "for free" with marriage):

The financial burden of "being the main breadwinner" scares some in tough economic times,
especially when if the relationship fails, the main breadwinner gets "taken for a ride" financially speaking.

Marriage ADDS TO (financial) SECURITY for a women, and reduces security for a man, because of poorly written divorce laws. In most cases, women will not marry a man who cannot provide financial security, while men are expected to provide instant and continuing financial security for their spouses.

Actually, the world is much less secure than it used to be, and women still want and expect a man to buffer them from harsh realities. That is a heroic role for the man these days, but women simply take it for granted that they will get financial security, and do not appreciate what an ongoing burden it will impose on their partners.

In short, marriage is a "raw deal" for men, and divorce is an even worse deal. Of course, they avoid it in times like these. If divorce was not so terribly assymetrical, then financial secure men might be more willing to enter into marriage contracts.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:21 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheNRA View Post
I am 35, single and no children, I don't see any logical reason to get married. I look relatively young and I still get attention from women in their early 20's- even though I am not out there looking for someone that young.
Most of my friends who are married look way more stressed, way older, many don't even take care of themselves anymore. Also, the idea that married people are better off financially than single people is a LIE!

)
There's quite a difference between marriages with kids and those without, meaning, those who aren't going to be having them by choice. (These are often second marriages). I think as long as people think that marriage=children, they might be more wary of marriage than they need to be. On the other hand, if people are having children without marriage, that is something of a problem, too!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:25 AM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
[quote= I simply don't want to be anyone's maid. Well, let me correct that. I'll be someone's maid if they're disabled, a child, old, etc. However, if the other person has healthy limbs, and isn't in a disadvantaged situation, they can pick up and clean as well as I can. [/QUOTE]

I live alone. I hire Brazilians who come in once a month, like a little whirlwind- four ladies are in and out of my house in an hour for $170. Any man looking for a maid/mother/cook in my house would be very very disappointed.

But if he wanted great companionship on many levels...

Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
I'm not obsessed by anyone's money. Why should I be? I make decent money.

I'm also not against straight men. I like straight men. I have a bf, and trust me on this, he's straight.

However, what I said still stands. MEN are obsessed with sex. When a woman and a man are together, the woman (who has a different level of sex obsession) will put the breaks on a man's sex obsession.

But when 2 men are together, no one puts on the breaks.

That's it, take it or leave it.
If you're not obsessed by anyone's money then you are the exception. Women in general marry for sercurity and have done so since the dawn of time. It's how humans evolved. Throughout history women have needed men to protect and provide for them while they bore and raised their children. Women "marry up" and always have. Women are just as much obsessed about security as men are obsessed about sex. No doubt this will fade over time, but we've only had a few generations of the safe and secure modern world compared to a thousand or more generations of a world where brute strength ruled.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 AM

1,329 posts, read 1,104,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
If you're not obsessed by anyone's money then you are the exception. Women in general marry for sercurity and have done so since the dawn of time. It's how humans evolved. Throughout history women have needed men to protect and provide for them while they bore and raised their children. Women "marry up" and always have. Women are just as much obsessed about security as men are obsessed about sex. No doubt this will fade over time, but we've only had a few generations of the safe and secure modern world compared to a thousand or more generations of a world where brute strength ruled.
Okay.
But in an increasingly INSECURE WORLD, can anyone really provide the security that they have been raised to expect?

Perhaps not

Old 02-05-2013, 05:19 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
LOL! Hey, in life I think it's a give-and-take. Look at those old, decrepit males with money that marry young, 18-year-old models. Do you REALLY honestly think some gorgeous, young creature is going to want an old dude with bad breath, with his horrible wispy hair, and his grayish, emaciated penis and overhanging man-boobs? I mean, REALLY? So, in exchange for his money, he gets to pretend for a while that some absolutely drop-dead-gorgeous young girl really digs him, when in reality, she probably finds him disgusting and has to puke after having being in bed with him.
And the old guy is willing to write her in the will and the young woman is willing to sell herself

Old 02-05-2013, 05:58 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
I see most of the problem in folks living in a fantasy world .
that's right a fantasy.
Books, movies, and the glamorized lives of others, ignoring real life ,are what create the problem .
People are so anxious to have something ,they ignore the negitives and concintrate on the positivess ,hoping that the other person will change .
NOT.
WRONG MOTIVE .
People don't spend enough time as friends first disconnected uncomitted open to one anothers faults and thurough examination.
Basing a realtionship on lies and decete and a rush to build a bond with a complete stranger, is about like trusting a politition to speak the truth.
I've met a lot of women that will sit there and agree with ever thing I say (externally) but under closer examination, they really don't agree at all.
That's lieing, and deception.
Guys for the most part are simply tired of it . Frankly is scares many away from any kind of relationship .
I don't particularly want to be in an argument over every thing ,but honesty should be at the fore front of a relationship.
And I'm not saying guys are always honest , certianly dishonest men should be avoided as well.
It seems though , that many women seem to thrive on dishonesty and deception.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologic View Post
SECURITY is not so easy to come by, these days
(Men know that, and women expect it "for free" with marriage):

The financial burden of "being the main breadwinner" scares some in tough economic times,
especially when if the relationship fails, the main breadwinner gets "taken for a ride" financially speaking.

Marriage ADDS TO (financial) SECURITY for a women, and reduces security for a man, because of poorly written divorce laws. In most cases, women will not marry a man who cannot provide financial security, while men are expected to provide instant and continuing financial security for their spouses.

Actually, the world is much less secure than it used to be, and women still want and expect a man to buffer them from harsh realities. That is a heroic role for the man these days, but women simply take it for granted that they will get financial security, and do not appreciate what an ongoing burden it will impose on their partners.

In short, marriage is a "raw deal" for men, and divorce is an even worse deal. Of course, they avoid it in times like these. If divorce was not so terribly assymetrical, then financial secure men might be more willing to enter into marriage contracts.
I've never heard so much bs being spoken all in one post, really. It's hard to know where to begin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies