Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 01:46 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
What am I turning my blind eye to? I see in white neighborhoods out of control police thugs who commit robbery over such things as rusted license plates, going 5 mph over the speed limit, and other frivolous things. At least in poorer black neighborhoods, I don't have to deal with such thugs.
Look.

We all know the truth.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Police ONLY patrol "minority" neighborhoods, even if the crime rate isn't high.
Well, that is perhaps the dumbest damn thing I've ever read.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:48 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,063,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Look.

We all know the truth.
The truth is white people allow cops to run rampant in their neighborhoods. And you call that order. Well **** your order. That's why I don't live in white neighborhoods. I can't live like a man there.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Sometimes killing enough of the police works well enough. It's working in Afghanistan, it's working in Iraq, it's working in many different regions of the world. If people force their will on you, you make it such hell for them that they lack the will to do so.

Am I missing something? What's this secret strategy?
Naw you're not missing anything but killing officers is nothing new, there's actual hoods in Atlanta that don't have police coming through at all because they do that, the thing is they don't do it off whim, though it may seem like it, they plot it out

Quote:
Well, that is perhaps the dumbest damn thing I've ever read.
No you turn a blind eye to the history of race relations in America and the police, you forgot that quickly about police on the west coast how they always brutalize the minority citizens living in certain neighborhoods or in NYC how they stop and frisk only minorities for no reason whatsoever, or throughout the south the cops kill black boys for purposeful reason at all other than meer suspicion.

Quote:
Look.

We all know the truth.
Take them false lenses off and see what you need to learn and know

Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Naw you're not missing anything but killing officers is nothing new, there's actual hoods in Atlanta that don't have police coming through at all because they do that, the thing is they don't do it off whim, though it may seem like it, they plot it out
I lived in Atlanta for a little bit. I liked Detroit better for that. In Detroit there are sections of the city where police response time is nonexistent leaving people to take care of their own. Unfortunately it's not that way because of people defending themselves and putting police in their place but the government choosing not to concentrate the police in certain neighborhoods because of lack of money. But I like the outcome, I'd like it even better if it was that way because everytime a police tried to arrest someone trying to make a living, they were shot dead.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:20 PM

398 posts, read 819,044 times
Whoa...it is "we hate the police" persons!
You go right ahead and hate on the police...then wonder why the police may be lookin out for you. Odd that.
Ever think if giving respect to the police, maybe can get some respect back? respect, you say....know what that is?
Try it on some time...might feel different than what you are purporting.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Umm - no.

Miliitarization of local police departments is never a good thing.
What about militarization of the criminal drug cartels from Mexico, which are deep inside the neighborhoods of Chicago?

Mexican drug cartels fight turf battles in Chicago - CBS News

Old 01-12-2013, 02:26 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that.

I doubt that if you're white you would move your family into a predominantly black neighborhood.
You're right I wouldn't.
Racism and violence against caucasians by minorities is much more tolerated in our society than the opposite.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
What about militarization of the criminal drug cartels from Mexico, which are deep inside the neighborhoods of Chicago?

The Mexican drug cartels are paid shills of one political party in Mexico. I lived in Juarez when things started to get nasty, and it was all one government sponsored hit against another government party money making apparatus.

Just ask why those boys were hung from COLOSIO bridge in Nuevo Laredo.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

Call off the War on Drugs, make these people honest business men and regulate them according to the same laws as everyone else. I'm sure their greed would facilitate this process and they would probably become willing if not enthusiastic allies in eliminating the remaining criminal element which would then be their competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies