Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:03 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
Can anyone tell me of anyone who likes to get robbed?
Yep, people who voted for Obama do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

And liberals defend this system, because they tend to be married to the idea that Unions can never be criticized.
Because some people like being told how to think and what to do.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,716,541 times
Quote:
Wow, looking over that list Liberal Republicans helped more with that list than Conservative Democrats!
Fixed that for ya.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What if you are "using" handouts to gain votes.

Then what have you become?
An easy Obama ho

Last edited by petch751; 01-12-2013 at 10:15 PM..

Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM

420 posts, read 335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Sounds like I'm back in grade school.....

Lets sing along children..........
You must be new to C-D Politics.

Quote:
Liberals are right and Cons are wrong

Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Fixed that for ya.
No, Republicans straight up did more than straight up Democrats for the creation of that list....regardless of the monikers you want to add.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
You must be new to C-D Politics.
Yup, and I was born this morning too....

Pssst, next time you want to make a dumb comment like that look at the persons reputation.

Will help you from doing this:

Old 01-12-2013, 09:21 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
There is a lot of blathering from the OP.

However, I do feel there is a point to be made that the Republican party is too socially conservative.

For example, it is hypocritical to talk of a smaller less intrusive government and then demand that there be an anti-gay marriage amendment.

I think the Republican party would be best serve to look at fiscal issues conservatively and be more libertarian on social issues.
I disagree on the gay marriage thing. If you're a fundamentalist trying to ban gay marriage because the Bible says it is a sin, then you're right. It's hypocritical. But from a societal standpoint it is not necessarily hypocritical.

The family is the enemy of liberalism. With strong families and strong communities people look to other people for support and guidance. Liberals need people to look to government for support and guidance. As a conservative you can easily oppose gay marriage from this standpoint - to maintain the strength of the family, with a family having a mother, a father, and children. You encourage a less intrusive government by not allowing the government to be a stand-in for parents. Gay couples do not provide a mother and a father. They provide either two mothers or two fathers.

Note - I do support gay marriage. I merely present this argument as to how it is not necessarily hypocritical for a small government conservative to oppose gay marriage. I don't actually oppose gay marriage myself.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:23 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
People like you are why no one is willing to even listen to raving liberal lunatics. Congratulations on dividing the country even more, I'm sure your progressive sycophants are jumping for joy.
Considering that "raving liberal lunatics" have won the last two presidential elections and have increased their numbers in Congress, I'd say voters are listening to them -- and we are happy about that.

But to think that conservatives didn't divide the country during the Reagan and Bush II years requires a high degree of myopia. Conservatives re-wrote the tax laws that lowered taxes on the wealthy that shifted the tax-burden down to the middle class - and that's divide the country.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
No, Republicans straight up did more than straight up Democrats for the creation of that list....regardless of the monikers you want to add.
You're ignoring the OPs statement. The parties switched platforms. Republicans have a long history of being liberal, while Democrats have a long history of Conservatism. It was still Liberalism that led to all those changes. We're not talking about party names, because their ideology fluctuates over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies