Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,184,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I did and my coworkers didn't. I didn't get sick and they have been passing flu around to each other and their family members like hot gossip.

You can choose to not get a flu shot, it is your body after all, but no one has to respect your choice if you get sick and then show up to work, church, school, etc... and pass that bug around.

I got the flu 15 years ago and ended up hospitalized because of it. It was awful. Anecdotal evidence isn't science, but I've taken the vaccination every early every season since and have been flu free. Granted, being healthy anyway plays a big part of that, but I'd rather take something that doesn't cause me harm then get the flu and pass it on to my family and friends.

So, don't be a jerk. Get the flu shot if you can.
Are you sure you don't mean to say, "don't be a jerk and show up to work, church, school, etc. with the flu"? Getting the flu shot has nothing to do with the choice to go out and expose others when you're sick with the flu. If I get the flu, I'm staying home.

I'm wondering how you know that your coworkers have the flu and not a bad cold. If the flu is so bad, how are they getting out of bed everyday to come to work while still sick?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
http://blogs.dailyprincetonian.com/p...11/04/SARS.jpg

It's covers the lips and the nose. Use the eyes and hair for identification.
Didn't work for determining who the Lone Ranger was.

At least a smily face imprint?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Are you sure you don't mean to say, "don't be a jerk and show up to work, church, school, etc. with the flu"? Getting the flu shot has nothing to do with the choice to go out and expose others when you're sick with the flu. If I get the flu, I'm staying home.

I'm wondering how you know that your coworkers have the flu and not a bad cold. If the flu is so bad, how are they getting out of bed everyday to come to work while still sick?
We've been over this ground before. A person with the flu is contagious for AT LEAST 24 hours before showing ANY symptoms. So not getting the flu shot does involve choosing to expose people to the flu. Most healthy people go out somewhere every day. If you go to the grocery store shedding flu virus, you could give flu to the little baby in the cart next to you who is too young to be immunized, or to someone who is allergic to eggs and can't get the flu vaccine.

Believe me, people will go to work when they are sick, even if they have sick time. I used to give flu shots at businesses, and sometimes we would refuse to immunize certain people b/c they were so sick. Some of our doctors have come to work sick and worn a paper mask, as if that does any good.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And what should I be alarmed about in this pdf file from thinktwice?
How very disingenuous of you. I provided this link as evidence of CDC lies. If you look at it, you can find out what it says.
The Influenza (Flu) Vaccine: Adverse Reactions. Thinktwice!

Old 01-14-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yes.
Have you ever been to work on a day where everyone is sick?
Not everyone washes their hands after sneezing. Not everyone covers their mouth all time. Masks are how you prevent spread and prevent getting the infection. Being sick hurts the economy. Not very smart to get sick, if there are precautions you can take to prevent getting sick.
If everybody you work with is sick, maybe you should be the one taking the day off, or wear a mask and gloves. Then again, if you got poked, you're immune, right?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If everybody you work with is sick, maybe you should be the one taking the day off, or wear a mask and gloves. Then again, if you got poked, you're immune, right?

In this economy, many have to work through sickness.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
I did and my coworkers didn't. I didn't get sick and they have been passing flu around to each other and their family members like hot gossip.

You can choose to not get a flu shot, it is your body after all, but no one has to respect your choice if you get sick and then show up to work, church, school, etc... and pass that bug around.

I got the flu 15 years ago and ended up hospitalized because of it. It was awful. Anecdotal evidence isn't science, but I've taken the vaccination every early every season since and have been flu free. Granted, being healthy anyway plays a big part of that, but I'd rather take something that doesn't cause me harm then get the flu and pass it on to my family and friends.

So, don't be a jerk. Get the flu shot if you can.
Wonder why you're so sickly, perhaps you should consider boosting your immune system instead of poking yourself with viruses and mercury laden chemicals.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
There are things society as a whole can do to prevent spreading the flu and cold. Let's do them.
Yes, stop injecting people with the flu virus and spreading disease.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
In this economy, many have to work through sickness.
You're probably the carrier, that's why everybody is getting sick around you. Quit shedding!

Old 01-15-2013, 06:21 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default Thinking of getting FLU shot?

Nope.

Got it in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies