Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:00 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
You guys never stop looking for something to call racist. Ever stop and think perhaps you are the ones with the race issue?

I saw an Obama witch doctor pic a few years ago. Thought it was funny, since Obamacare was being talked about at the time. Others did to. Not one immediately thought "racist!!!!"

Find something better to do with your time. It isnt racist. You liberals and people like Sharpton and Jackson have completely ruined the race card. It use to actually mean something serious, it no longer does.
if they don't squeal 'racism!' at least a couple times daily, their lil' heads might assplode.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:06 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Caricatures of Obama with a bone in his nose are about low taxes?

Tea party continues to embrace racism.

Obama witch doctor t-shirts a big hit at Tea Party convention | theGrio
And one wonders why so many Blacks avoid the Tea Party. Oh wait, you have the reason right here.

I can see why the GOP lost this last election. If the GOP is to have any relevance in the next election, it is going to have to find a way to attract more minorities, especially Blacks. Stuff like this is not going to do it, but rather, turn alot of people away. The Tea Party elements of the Republican Party have to be expunged and taken out.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
No, I laughed at that one also, lighten up.
Well I am not you. We both know that the old "witch-doctor with bone in nose" is a racist stereotype, and those t-shirts were made with the intent of making a racist statement.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:12 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well I am not you. We both know that the old "witch-doctor with bone in nose" is a racist stereotype, and those t-shirts were made with the intent of making a racist statement.
Like the cartoons of George W. as an ape, right?

Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Caricatures of Obama with a bone in his nose are about low taxes?

Tea party continues to embrace racism.

Obama witch doctor t-shirts a big hit at Tea Party convention | theGrio
That cartoon character does not look like Obama.

I remember them calling Regan's economic policies as "Voodoo economics" but if people said that about any of Obama's policies, it would be racist to you.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Like the cartoons of George W. as an ape, right?
There is no historical stereotype portraying Whites as monkeys. There is, however, a long history of stereotyping Blacks as "monkeys", "witch-doctors", and other horrible things. When a Black person like me sees things like that, such as portraying President Obama as a monkey or a witch doctor, for me it's "here we go again, reverting back to the days of Jim Crow when Blacks were portrayed as primative animals".

Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There is no historical stereotype portraying Whites as monkeys. There is, however, a long history of stereotyping Blacks as "monkeys", "witch-doctors", and other horrible things. When a Black person like me sees things like that, such as portraying President Obama as a monkey or a witch doctor, for me it's "here we go again, reverting back to the days of Jim Crow when Blacks were portrayed as primative animals".
If someone doesn't realize that calling someone of Black ancestry a monkey is racist, well they are either racist or stupid.

Continuing insisting that Obama is from Africa, when he's not, seems pretty racist

Tancredo: Send Obama Back to Africa - Charles Johnson - The Lizard Annex - True/Slant

Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Looks like a head hunter to me.. I want this guys head
Ex-ATF official's gun ends up at Mexican cartel shootout that killed beauty queen | Fox News

IF this isn't enforced I don't know what else could be. I want Obama's head too.... Where is Holder hiding?

Old 01-16-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
If someone doesn't realize that calling someone of Black ancestry a monkey is racist, well they are either racist or stupid.

Continuing insisting that Obama is from Africa, when he's not, seems pretty racist

Tancredo: Send Obama Back to Africa - Charles Johnson - The Lizard Annex - True/Slant
It teaches me something about race relations in America in 2012-2013. I have a saying for it: The more things change, the more some things stay the same.

I think some people are just covertly racist. Racism and prejudice has not ended. It has just changed forms over the years. In the old days, there was overt slavery. After slavery ended, there was overt, legalistic racism in the form of Jim Crow, and the open portrayal of racist stereotypes. Once Jim Crow ended, you have covert racism. The Jim Crow laws have been eradicated, but now people either try to use statistics to justify being racist, or try to mask their racism in other ways. However, you still have people like Tancredo out there.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:48 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Wow, Liberals really are stupid and want to call everything racist. The t-shirt is about ObamaCare and the caricature is of a witch doctor. It is actually difficult to see that the picture even looks like Obama. It is a poke at ObamaCare, not race you idiots.

Ironically, this is from the Grio web site which is only about Blacks. The Grio User Panel picture contains only black people. The drop down menu under the Health option includes links for "Black Men's Health" and another for Black Women. Maybe you want to get rid of your phony racism and try some reality on The Grio which is obviously racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies