Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She's paid to be a loudmouth. In reality, she's doing coke and being bedded from behind, from above, and through the backdoor. Do you honestly think a single woman, never married, is really a conservative?
But do we know that she's on coke?

I know a few single women who are conservatives.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So what you are suggesting is, white people should be able to get guns easier and non-whites should have their guns taken away? Sounds like someone doesn't really support the Constitution...and it sounds like someone wants to be more like Nazi Germany when the government took away the guns from the Jews and armed the Germans.
Yes, it certainly sounds like it. I think said person feels like the Constitution should only apply to Whites only. That is not what the USA is suppose to be about. This nation is suppose to be for every citizen, no matter what race or ethnicity you are.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
If you take JUST WHITE people (and really, whatever that means), and compare to the rest of Western Europe outside of Belgium, the murder rate in the US is still 2-3x higher:

US ‘whites only’ murder rate: 2.6
Denamark 1.0
Ireland 1.2
Norway 0.8
Sweden 0.9
Greece 1.4
Italy 1.4
Spain 1.2
Austria 0.8
France 1.7
Germany 1.2
Switzerland 1.0

Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Factually, it would cut violent crime down.
Old Army Soldier, I have a question for you, and I really would hope that you will answer it.

You are suggesting that all non-Whites given up their right to bear arms. I am a citizen of this country, who happens to be Black. I have never been arrest, never been in trouble with the law. I have never been involved with gangs. I'm not in a gang. According the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution, I have the right to bear arms. I don't own a firearm, yet. However, I have friends that do own firearms, and I might buy a firearm some day. Now to my questions:

Why should I give up my right to own a firearm? What benefit is it to me?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:01 PM

18,422 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
She's paid to be a loudmouth. In reality, she's doing coke and being bedded from behind, from above, and through the backdoor. Do you honestly think a single woman, never married, is really a conservative?
I am not an ann coulter fan by any means. the characterization above is just plain rude and without any basis in reality.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:02 PM

361 posts, read 273,085 times
The truth is Americas huge murder rates are because of black on black violence. I'm sure there are stats to prove that but im to lazy and most of you know this already. Most phyco mass shootings are white people. That is why every body thought the dc sniper would be white. That is why on the news when i hear some kid getting shot dead in the street i think hes probably black. i grew up with mostly black friends and most all know somebody who has fell victim to street violence. I don't know the answer to that problem, but it is a huge problem in America maybe the most important domestic issue i could think of. The truth is when debating guns we almost never bring up black on black street violence which is dishonest. The phyco's are generally white but Americas through the roof murder rate is generally due to non whites.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Non whites are still the root cause of violent crimes.
Non-whites are NOT the "root cause" of violent crime. Perhaps, culture, poverty, and other things are too blame as the root cause, but NOT Non-whites.

There is a point to be made that there are crime hot spots that must be addressed and not sugar coated. In Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine he portrays suburbs as the main problem with guns...while ignoring that Detroit and Flint have just under 10% of the state's total population, but over 60% of the murders. Other hot spots like Muskegon Heights, Saginaw, Benton Harbor, Kalamazoo, and Battle Creek are bad as well. He is part of the problem...by stigmatizing those that address this. So that the national shame of this continues on. Don't be like Michael Moore and distort for politics...let's solve this problem.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If you take JUST WHITE people (and really, whatever that means), and compare to the rest of Western Europe outside of Belgium, the murder rate in the US is still 2-3x higher:

Denamark 1.0
Ireland 1.2
Norway 0.8
Sweden 0.9
Greece 1.4
Italy 1.4
Spain 1.2
Austria 0.8
France 1.7
Germany 1.2
Switzerland 1.0
You bring up Switzerland too. Switzerland is a nation where alot of people have military grade rifles. Mass shootings are a rarity there.

Russia has a murder rate almost 3 times higher than the the USA, and it's quite hard to legally get a gun in Russia.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
The truth is Americas huge murder rates are because of black on black violence. I'm sure there are stats to prove that but im to lazy and most of you know this already. Most phyco mass shootings are white people. That is why every body thought the dc sniper would be white. That is why on the news when i hear some kid getting shot dead in the street i think hes probably black. i grew up with mostly black friends and most all know somebody who has fell victim to street violence. I don't know the answer to that problem, but it is a huge problem in America maybe the most important domestic issue i could think of. The truth is when debating guns we almost never bring up black on black street violence which is dishonest. The phyco's are generally white but Americas through the roof murder rate is generally due to non whites.
If you are to bring up Black on black violence, it would be more important to bring up gangs. Gang violence makes up a large part of this. Perhaps the violence that exists within the Black community is more a symptom of other problems.

What angers me is that people like to say "Blacks are a problem". Rather, I argue that the violence is symptomatic of other problems. Here is a question. Why do people join gangs? Why are there people selling drugs?

Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM

26,514 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Denamark 1.0
Ireland 1.2
Norway 0.8
Sweden 0.9
Greece 1.4
Italy 1.4
Spain 1.2
Austria 0.8
France 1.7
Germany 1.2
Switzerland 1.0
*The FBI stats count Hispanics as White. Not sure if you are using FBI stats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies