Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Miss me with that "we bleed the same color" stuff.

Everyone wants to say that when its convenient, and nothing is at stake.

But where the rubber meets the road, you don't really feel that way, and you know it.
Wow some people really have issues with who they are and want to blame everyone else for their issue. Get this... life isn't easy for not one person, we all run into walls but at least some of us are willing to get up again and don't whine it is everyone else's fault. So stop thinking it should be easy for you.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyy View Post
Could you tell me, why would they? Conservatives address their policies towards all Americans, regardless of their skin color. It's the liberals who keep yelling about equality and stuff, yet surprisingly they don't treat the Americans as one big nation rather as a bunch of tribes or something like that (the Black tribe, the LGBT tribe, the women tribe etc.). Don't you think it's dividing Americans rather than making them equal?
Americans are already equal.

And please stop making conservatives out to be colorblind. That's not true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Uncle Tom is not a political epithet.

It is a racial epithet used to criticize a black person for being too friendly with non-blacks.

What could possibly be more racist than that?
Being an Uncle Tom has squat to do with friendliness and everything to do with being servile.

Most black people have white friends.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Well, if I'm on the Dem plantation, why should I exchange it for the Republican plantation?
Because the Democratic party truly is a plantation.

The Dems want their black constituency to be enslaved to them - give us your votes and we will give you goodies.

Ever hear of sharecropping in Jim Crow days? That is the average Democratic politicians' relationship with their black voters.

When you become a conservative, you really are "free at last, free at last."

Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
I would love to know what the hell it is with high profile conservative blacks and insulting other black people.
Spoiler
I don't mean just not agreeing with them or having different viewpoints, I mean insulting them, personally insulting them. We have both Allen West and Herman Cain speaking of the "Democratic plantation" as if the blacks who vote Democratic are only slaves and haven't put any thought into their vote. We have Allen West claiming to be a latter day Harriet Tubman helping black people off "the plantation". Of any black person wants to change their political affiliation they are quite capable of doing so on their own. Maybe a little googling because a lot of them, like me, haven't changed parties in decades but they wouldn't need Allen West. We have Herman Cain claiming that if he got the nomination he'd get 30% of the black vote as if one third of the blacks who voted for Obama in 2008 only voted for him because he was black and supposedly they would have voted for Cain in 2012 because he's "blacker" and that actually sounds a little bit logical, if you turn your head and squint, when compared with Petersen's claim that all black people who voted for Obama did so only because they think he's Jesus. If conservatives want more black votes, which I don't think they do, then maybe they should consider laying off the insults and the insinuations of stupidity.

Then there's the "brainwashing" claim, I'd forgotten about that one. To say that one's been brainwashed is an insult too since unless you're in captivity you really can't be brainwashed unless you're lacking something or deficient in something
Finding the need superfluous... they just don't drink the kool aid.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Most black people have white friends.
But when a white person says that they have black friends, which I do, they are denigrated as "claiming tokens".

Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
But when a white person says that they have black friends, which I do, they are denigrated as "claiming tokens".
I dont know the entire context of this conversation between you, so im responding only to the 2 quotes.

YOU are denigrated because of the many remarks you have made about African Americans on this forum. Your use of "black friends" is denigrated because your black friends seems to be nothing like the peopel you are attacking on a daily basis on this thread.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont know the entire context of this conversation between you, so im responding only to the 2 quotes.

YOU are denigrated because of the many remarks you have made about African Americans on this forum. Your use of "black friends" is denigrated because your black friends seems to be nothing like the peopel you are attacking on a daily basis on this thread.
I haven't attacked anyone on this thread - the posts which add up to a total of three, except Democrats.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I haven't attacked anyone on this thread - the posts which add up to a total of three, except Democrats.
replace thread with website.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
replace thread with website.
OK - by that criteria - I have still only attacked Democrats and liberals.

If you disagree, then cite some examples that you believe to be contrary.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:13 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,100,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Honestly, as a black conservative, I really don't invest any time or effort in trying to sway other blacks into my field of thinking. I let the results speak for themselves; a spreadsheet low income areas, high crime rates, failing schools, broken homes etc. There are some, if not most, who would call that "stereotyping" coming from a conservative, but IMO this is the reality and these are the facts when we start looking at the "community" itself, especially if we expect to move forward and advance at a pace proportionate with the rest of the population.

Either way, if the GOP expects to make inroads with minorities, they would be fair better in reaching out to Latinos and the growing numbers of Asians (Far East, Mid-East, Indian etc) as a means to diversfy their networks and people in leadership positions. Those demographics are unscathed by party politics for the most part.

And to be quite honest, I don't consider Herman Cain a "sell out" or "Uncle Tom" in the slightest bit--what he said during the primaries was absolutely correct, and I think most people would agree if they quoted the full context of what he stated in regards to the "plantation" comment. I also don't see Clearance Thomas in the same light either--I may not agree with his full range of philsophies on certain issues, but I certainly respect the fact that you can be "pro black" without having to walk the tight-rope for the status quo. If he thinks there is a better approach to address the problems in the black community than what is being offered by the left--then who is anyone else to tell him that he is being "anti-black" for coloring outside the lines?

And if you want to talk about "loud mouthes", look no further than the left--anyone from Maxine Waters to Al Sharpton to, Rob Parker, to Jesse Jackson to the Democratic House Reps that make these inane racial comments about "hangings" and "lynchings" and someone not being "a real brotha"...they are a true embarassment to the intelligence and awareness of black folks IMO...and they are rarely if ever called out on it.

But hey like I said, whenever my friends (most of whom are black) vehemently argue and unapologetically support Democratic candidates; I'll stand in silence and point right over to their neighborhoods in the Bronx, Brownsville Brooklyn, or North Philly...and wait for answers...and of course they have nothing to say.
Excellent post. I just repped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies