Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM

94 posts, read 50,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yeah, gotta love it when all the celebs want us to be one when their hero is president, but they were the most angry and hateful bunch when a Republican was in the house

Screw them

The "we are the world" in the mid 80's was 10,000 times better and more moving than the above display AND it was for a great cause
Those kids on stage this afternoon with Obama was sick. He even fouled one of their names up. I'm sure it was legit and heart filled.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are mistaken. There are Americans that support the founding principles of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," and then there are the anti-Americans who are anti-life, anti-liberty, and anti-pursuit of happiness. Currently the anti-Americans are winning, which is why Obama is President.

And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why we are so divided... when you attack half of the country, while failing to even admit you're guilty of the same things, we will NEVER become united again. Everyone has their opinions, but there is no liberal or conservative alive who really doesn't believe in those principles - we just have differing interpretations and plans on achieving them. For example, I think denying gay people the right to marry and denying women the right to control their own body is anti-liberty, anti-pursuit of happiness, etc. You probably think regulating guns = those same things, so who is correct? I think both sides have some valid arguments, and both sides also have some illogical (often hateful) ideas. Once you can acknowledge all of this, you will be making a positive step towards uniting us as a nation. Until then, just admit you're only contributing to the problem.

Of course, you'll just ignore me and wave it off as "typical crazy liberal," even though I'm more of an independent than anything. Maybe if we abolished the two party system, more people would realize they're not hard-right or hard-left, just an American with their own vision. Try adopting that attitude sometime, and you might actually learn a little.

Last edited by gizmo980; 01-16-2013 at 10:30 PM..

Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No matter your views on gun laws, same-sex marriage, religion, blah blah blah.... just remember we are all Americans and citizens of this great country.

Please watch video if you are going to respond.
its a very good video

Republican, Democrat, Independent, We Are All American – The Frog and The Eagle
We are all Americans? But are you one of the hated rich Americans, soon to be very poor Americans or the welfare leach American.

Yea, don't we all feel loved.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM

520 posts, read 596,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Block289 View Post
It's lack luster at best. I only get to use it when I'm not living the American dream.
That's funny... I like your sense of humor.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why we are so divided... when you attack half of the country, while failing to even admit you're guilty of the same things, we will NEVER become united again. Everyone has their opinions, but there is no liberal or conservative alive who really doesn't believe in those principles - we just have differing interpretations and plans on achieving them. For example, I think denying gay people the right to marry and denying women the right to control their own body is anti-liberty, anti-pursuit of happiness, etc. You probably think regulating guns = those same things, so who is correct? I think both sides have some valid arguments, and both sides also have some illogical (sometimes even hateful) ideas. Once you can acknowledge all of this, you will be making a positive step towards uniting us as a nation. Until then, just admit you're only contributing to the problem.
Come on now, you couldn't pick out one of the incindiery leftwings posts to declare "and that is why we are divided" The left has done an equally good job dividing this nation too..... or do you miss the way they talk down to people for no other reason than the region of America they live in...... as well as 100,s of other things too

Tsk tsk..... indie.....

Old 01-16-2013, 10:23 PM

94 posts, read 50,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

And THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is why we are so divided... when you attack half of the country, while failing to even admit you're guilty of the same things, we will NEVER become united again. Everyone has their opinions, but there is no liberal or conservative alive who really doesn't believe in those principles - we just have differing interpretations and plans on achieving them. For example, I think denying gay people the right to marry and denying women the right to control their own body is anti-liberty, anti-pursuit of happiness, etc. You probably think regulating guns = those same things, so who is correct? I think both sides have some valid arguments, and both sides also have some illogical (often hateful) ideas. Once you can acknowledge all of this, you will be making a positive step towards uniting us as a nation. Until then, just admit you're only contributing to the problem.
Killing children with needles by the hundreds of thousands is far worse then burning the constitution and getting a life taken that someone wanted to live and the parents to protect. As for gays? Lets all be gay and not survive....

Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,921,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Our citizens have divided political views, but when you put politics aside we all live in the same country and we are all family.
No we are not. You need to realize how deep the hate and division is in this country. The US is not long for this world.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM

520 posts, read 596,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post

If you want, on my day off, I could pick you up at your housing project, take you to the local McDonalds and you can apply for a job. I know it is a big step, going from the welfare to work, by hey, what are friends for
In your stolen car? No thanks!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,489,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We are all Americans? But are you one of the hated rich Americans, soon to be very poor Americans or the welfare leach American.

Yea, don't we all feel loved.
I'm neither of these.
i'm the one that lives within my means and living a comfortable life.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
j

Unfortrunately, we have a mealy-mouthed turd in the Whitehouse who is doing his best to divide us along a countless number of fractures, realed or fabreicated.
Obama would rather fight then work to solve the problems. A man who thinks he knows best and it is his way or the highway and do you see how angry he is? The wanna be dictator doesn't like to be challenged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies