Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImproveDaily View Post
I don't know if he is a ho or not. That's his business
Yeah, I saw my typo after I hit submit, and decided it's appropriate. He's the ultimate attention ho.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I have to say it is enjoyable to see an (R) trashing those on the far right of the party, and Christie delivers once again

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie slammed the National Rifle Association’s latest ad in which they accuse President Barack Obama of hypocrisy for sending his children to a school where they are protected by armed guards. Christie called the ad “reprehensible” and said that the NRA should not be “dragging people’s children” into the gun control debate.

Chris Christie Slams ‘Reprehensible’ NRA For ‘Dragging People’s Children’ Into Gun Control Debate | Mediaite

yep, it just goes to show how many republicans are actualy rino's instead.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Second Amendment:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Not Second Amendment:
"Congress shall make no law against the right to keep and bear arms"

Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yep, it just goes to show how many republicans are actualy rino's instead.

No it shows how itty bitty the GOP tent has become. You wish to squeeze out all moderate Repubs, have a blast, but when the Dems control all 3 branches at the Fed level, with a 60 vote Senate supermajority, and pass single payer in early 2017, I'll be laughing at you. Not with you. Add in by 2020, the US will have the 2nd Warren Court, and the conservs will be powerless to stop that for decades to come.

This RINO on every corner at the slightest whiff of disagreement is what has dissolved the GOP at the national level as a credible second party.

In 2016, 2020, 2024, even the Gores or Kerrys would win the race for POTUS if they could simply take their primaries. That's right, in future years the Democratic primary, courtesy of the right wing fringe minority, will be the actual race for the presidency. The GOP primary will simply be to decide who gets to lose in November.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
No it shows how itty bitty the GOP tent has become. You wish to squeeze out all moderate Repubs, have a blast, but when the Dems control all 3 branches at the Fed level, with a 60 vote Senate supermajority, and pass single payer in early 2017, I'll be laughing at you. Not with you. Add in by 2020, the US will have the 2nd Warren Court, and the conservs will be powerless to stop that for decades to come.

This RINO on every corner at the slightest whiff of disagreement is what has dissolved the GOP at the national level as a second party.

In 2016, 2020, 2024, even the Gores or Kerrys would win the race for POTUS if they could simply take their primaries. That's right, in future years the Democratic primary, courtesy of the right wing fringe minority, will be the actual race for the presidency. The GOP primary will simply be to decide who gets to lose in November.

sorry, but if a republican believes in limiting any civil liberties, just as the left does, then they are nothing more than republican in name only.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
All I know is, I can't wait to hear what Ann Colter (the biggest right winger ever), who was Gov. Christie's biggest booster during the elections, has to say about him as he shifts leftier and leftier.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sorry, but if a republican believes in limiting any civil liberties, just as the left does, then they are nothing more than republican in name only.
Like I said, I have no issue with that, as long as you accept the impotence of the GOP...long-term.

A credible 2nd party with more moderate views will eventually replace it.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

This RINO on every corner at the slightest whiff of disagreement is what has dissolved the GOP at the national level as a credible second party.

Seriously? I didn't think there was anybody left who doesn't think Kerry and Gore are total empty suits?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Seriously? I didn't think there was anybody left who doesn't think Kerry and Gore are total empty suits?
Empty suits can beat the 2013 and future GOP with ease.

When ya get shellacked with 7.9% unemployment, 14.7% U6, 1.5 trill deficits, 2% GDP..you are impotent. You cannot win.

There is a difference between discussing rationally differences in policy choices, and attacking the decisions any parents make regarding their child's education. The NRA in doing so, adopted the same tactics more suited for the KKK. This would have been the quivalent of the Dems in 2000 running ads showing a drunk George W Bush falling off a barstool. Christie was too kind. This went beyond repulsive.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
The NRA is just the latest "boogieman" that the American people are being convinced to hate.
This way the government can get what they want because they will be protecting you from the NRA boogieman.

Once they pass their legislation they will drop it and life will go on BAU.

Notice that doctors are not the evil boogieman anymore ? Obamacare is a done deal now, that's why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies